Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Ask a question from your peers to help you in your professional work. Seek different points of view on a topic that interests you. Start a thought-provoking conversation about a hot, current topic. Encourage your peers to join you in the discussion, and feel free to facilitate the discussion. As a community of educators, all members of the Career Ed Lounge are empowered to act as a discussion facilitator to help us all learn from each other.

Training

It is very important as an admissions officer to attend all trainings/seminars.

Keeping up to date.

It is very important keeping up to date with addmissions/financial aid on a weekly basis. Keeping notes is very important.

History of youre institution.

I think it is very important to know about the history of the school. Makes youre prospect student feel more sure when it comes to a life changing decision.

Organizing

Being organized is the key to any enrollment.

Admissions training

Admissions is such a beast in its own right. However, I do agree on the Admissions staff training. It is vital, that all person working within Admissions should go thru some sort of training. This allows everyone to be on the same accord.

how organize better the paper work.

is very important to have organizer all the paper, files , information about prospective student ,programs , that is a good way to have information how do we are working and can offer a better service and information

finacial aid

i think that all admission representave must to be prepare to in information how finacial aid work , bacause we are the first face when the prospective student arrive and they always have many questions regading the financial process.

how to learn more about florida rules

i need to know about more options to learn how works the rules and the way to understand better , because i like to give a better information to the prospective student

Staying Current

Admissions agents take on the responsibilty of communicating to the prospective student what their institution is about and gaining the trust of that student. This is why it is extremely important that all agents are trained, know the compliance regulations, and stay current with everything that is going on within their institution and their industry as a whole. Staying in the know on these topics is easily done through your supervisor, the internet and periodicals within the field and the job market as well. Patti

Discussing Salary Potential

A good piece of advice when a prospective student is requesting information on salary potential for a career field they are looking at is having them sit down with the Graduate Placement/Career Services to receive that information. You may also refer them to the website for the Department of Labor Statistics or www.salary.com for further research. As an Admissions Representative, we are not the individuals who compile that data so be leary about what you discuss and be careful not to mislead the individual.

Advertising and Marketing

Although advertising is essential to help contribute to a school's growth it is often one area that is abused. It is not uncommon to see websites whose intent is to advertise for educational programs use the disguise of "Help Wanted" ads. Considering the state of our economy I find these particularly offensive.

Career Colleges vs. State Schools

This training suggests that it is geared towards career colleges. Career colleges seem under constant attack, although there has been bad press on various state schools. I am curious as to the rules for licensure and compliancy for state schools?

Discussing Financial Aid

The Financial Aid section was rather vague on the rules and regulations from a compliancy standpoint on what we are able to discuss and what we aren't able to discuss. In addition, what questions we are not permitted to ask them in an interview including salary history, dependency related questions, etc. I was under the idea that Admissions Representatives weren't permitted to elaborate on some of the financial aid topics. I've always referred them to the "all-knowing" Financial Aid Representatives to ensure that they receive the most accurate information and avoid anything remotely close to eligibility questions. Any further clarification… >>>

Resource Notebook...setting it up or updating?

I had the quiz and thought that the most effort and time spent on a resource notebook or file was setting up but after reading the feedback I discovered that Florida Regulations change constatly and it is quite an effort to keep everything up to date. Now, to me it is much easier to update my notebook instead of starting one. For the simple fact that just applying the new regulations, requirements, ect...........

The importance of the admissions dep training

I have been working for a post secondary education institution and we always were aware about all these regulations but not until know I realize how important and how many details we need to be conscious about. This training so far has helped me understand more about my institution and how my accurate performance will influence our look.

Website

I think it is important to keep your website up-to-date and provide information on the website. It doesn't sit well with some people if they can't find information they want/need. In this age of technology, a lot of our leads are internet based. Internet leads typically want information NOW... and providing this on the website will quench their thirst.

training employees

Do you think your institution does enough training in compliance?

Training on catalogs and addendum

How often should institiutions train on their catalogs and updates?

Paperless

Do you think more institutions should adopt paperless enrollment verifications after initial paperwork?

Online institutions

Do you think states outside florida that have online institutions should adopt similar programs like this one is in Florida?