Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Training on catalogs and addendum

How often should institiutions train on their catalogs and updates?

Jeff,
Every time a catalog is updated, everyone should be aware of the update. Learning is a constant process. It is important that students receive the current catalog and enrollment agreement. Failure to do so makes the school noncompliant. Additionally, if the Commission has not approved the catalog, it is not a valid catalog.

Admissions should consistantly be reviewing the catalog to keep fresh on the knowledge that we are talking about everyday. If and when there are changes made to the catalog, Admissions should immediately be informed and given time to review the new material.

I also think it is important to allow for time to review the catalog often. It's important to keep up with product knowledge!

In our college addendums are made as needed. We always like to keep everyone up to date especially our students and prospective students.It is only fair and honest.

Krista,
Great advice. Even though we read them a hundred times, referring to the catalog is a good practice.

Cecilia,
Make sure the prospective student has the most current addendum to the catalog. This becomes part of the contract when the enrollment agreement is signed.

Catalog information is vital to both the student and the admissions department. Information and addedum should be distributed in a timley manner.

I believe product knowledge on an institution’s catalog should be incorporated into the weekly training schedule of any Admissions Team. The catalog is the single most informative document that we provide to new students. it is also an invaluable tool to ensure that Admissions employees stay compliant to both the institution employing them, and the accreditation body overseeing the institution. Although it may not be necessary to schedule training on this topic every week, it should be covered at least once a month.

I print out the latest catalogue and have it in my desk in a folder. That way I can always look up everything that is in there. A very useful tool.

Kathleen,
Both the catalog and the enrollment agreement constitute the contract between the student and the school. Make sure that your instituton uses the most current Commission approved documents.

William,
I agree! The more we review the catalog, the better we know our institution. Providing learning opportunities such as this is important to not only admissions reps but also other school staff members.

Daniel,
The catalog and the enrollment agreement constitute the contract with the student. These are very important documents.

Any changes should be communicated immediately with all College personnel. Catalogs should be reviewed at the weekly admissions training and any changes should be presented and discussed with the appropriate departments.

Veronica,
Addendums can be added at any time. Make sure you also have the most current addendum and everyone is aware of the changes.

One of the positive arguments for paperless catalogs is that it allows for quick updates without printing costs and immediate refreshers to the admissions staff so that everything conveyed to the prospective students is always what is in the most up to date catalog.

Kevin,
It is also good practice to have hard copies when electronic formats are not favorable. Not everyone has access to computers.

Jeff-After reading through the catalog I am amazed at how much info we as admission representatives are required to know. I welcome all meetings and appreciate having up-to-date information.

Elaine,
Admissions representatives need to know far beyond the basics. Getting involved in eery aspect of the school is important.

Sign In to comment