Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Ask a question from your peers to help you in your professional work. Seek different points of view on a topic that interests you. Start a thought-provoking conversation about a hot, current topic. Encourage your peers to join you in the discussion, and feel free to facilitate the discussion. As a community of educators, all members of the Career Ed Lounge are empowered to act as a discussion facilitator to help us all learn from each other.

Resource notebook

How often do you update your resource notebook? 

Relevance of the Admissions Process and Compliance

During this session is apparent how important it is to establish a training system to educate all employees in the different departments,  positions and how to create a culture of compliance to ensure everyone is doing the right thing. In order to provide the information and services offer to any potencial students, admissions reps must make sure that the applicants clearly understand their program of interest, and all relevant details information related to it so they can make an inform decision based in facts and potencial employment opportunities based data from official sites such as the US Labor Department, but… >>>

Admissions

I have gained more knowledge on the statutes and state regulations for independent institutions in the state of Florida. 

Good training

I learned more about the admissions process and i got the skills to support and help my students! thanks!

n/a

I have clear my doubts

Online Courses

It is inportant to take state license if your are taking online classes?

Catalog

I make sure each student has access to the catalog prior to meeting in person. 

Registration

MWCC

None for now!

False Advertisement

I like to know if any insitutions have been fined or reported for false advertisement?

Utilizing what I've learned

My intention is to complete an electronic resources document to include the Organization chart, and links such as my institutions catalog and handbook to refer to as well as the links provided to by CIE and other pertinent informaiton in order to meet the learning objectives for this course.

Evaluation of Course Experience Credit

Is there a formula or better way to treat these type of scenarios?

New Rules & Regulations

I have been browsing the FLDOE - CIE Website, and the rules are still the same. Does anybody know when these will change or be updated?

Been transparent with propsect

Listening to prospect questions, and provided right answers from the catalog  

Number of New Students

What is the maximum number of students a rep can effectively service?

Job Placement

An important component for a potential student is to understand the value and quality of the program, being the challenge of any enrollment representative. But what do you think is the best way to tie program quality with future job placement? how do you know the program will help the student fulfill the future or current job expectations?

Number of Students to Admissions Officer

On average what do you think should be an appropriate number of students one Admission Ofiicer/Advisor should see per day? There is no one right answer because it depends on the institution, but on average, How long should an Admissions personnel interview with a prospective?

Training

There should be more Admissions Training for Reps.

DNC (Do Not Call)

I just took the final exam and got the question correct, but I could not find this in the reading material.  Maybe I overlooked but checked a couple of times.  Can someone direct me as to the conversation on the following question?

An institution can ignore Do Not Call (DNC) restrictions placed by the Federal Trade Commission (FTC) when placing cold calls to solicit students.

Enrollment folder

Are most of you creating electronic folders or using paper folders for this information? I am assuming that as we move to electronic that this is the easiest. Do you have students look at your University materials or walk them through this information during the interview?