Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

how organize better the paper work.

is very important to have organizer all the paper, files , information about prospective student ,programs , that is a good way to have information how do we are working and can offer a better service and information

Glenda,
Good organization provides a comfortable setting for your client. If we have to search for papers or information, it does not appear that we are on top of our game.

Excellent idea to have a notebook containing all pertinent information. Currently our paperwork is in separate files, I intend to implement immediately. Thank you

Timothy,
Having all the information in one place is effective in that you will find many topics may appear in several places.

DRS is the best way to eliminate paperwork and more importantly go green. Documents are download in an image writer where it can be viewed by each department. There are restricted access to departments such are Financial Aid and Bursar.

It worked for major University and most online line Division. That is the best way that I know.

Dahlia,
Great suggestion. Thank you for your posting.

The first thing I do when I come in to my office is organize. I make sure my students folders have the proper paperwork before they even enter my office. I Like a snap shot of my student it helps to place a name with a face. I have an index card attached to each folder and I check off each item needed as I complete the folder. Now, I have a complete folder and all documentation needed in that folder. When I enroll the student and they are more relaxed and not nervous.

Angela,
Being organized has so many advantages. Having everything at your fingertips will bring confidence.

I actually have to begin the day being organized and YES it brings confidence. If I have my paperwork all over the place I'm a mess the until day and frustrated. I keep my paperwork divided by colors and separate binders so I know where to look for information, it's very helpful.

You and I have the same format. I have a check list, but I like your idea of using the index card. Then I could attach the photo to the card and know each student by face as well as name. This is a great way of allowing the to feel more confortable is you address them before the introduce themselves.

I totally agree with everyone's posts. It's amazing how a small detail like being organized can really affect the enrollment process. Prospects love to see that whoever has part of their education is on top of there game. When you have a system for organization and everything is clear, you have more of a chance for success.

Kristina,
Organization and compliance go hand-in-hand.

This is a great idea. It is easy to overlook some item unless you use a checklist. I like the idea of an index card. For a more complex file, a regular sheet of paper with a checklist might be needed.

Catherine,
Both are excellent suggestions.

I make folders for each individual student and I place their work (papers, journal articles they presented) and any other pertinent materials that allows me to quickly assess their progress. I have each student for 28 months and I frequently evaluate their performance.

Scarlett,
You have a very hands on approach. Thank you for your post.

Sign In to comment