Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Keeping up to date.

It is very important keeping up to date with addmissions/financial aid on a weekly basis. Keeping notes is very important.

Keeping up to date with the latest information is the only way to succeed in such a highly-regualted field such as Higher Education. It is essential to ensuring that both staff and students are afforded the most accurate information, not to mention vital to avoiding penalties from the Department of Education.

Gorys,
I would also add the sharing of your admissions experiences and questions regarding events and activities at your school.

Michael,
We need to strive to be the best we can be and compliance is part of that philosophy.

It’s very important to keep up to date with the admissions/financial aid departments weekly. At my institution we hold a weekly scrub meeting, so everyone can take notes on future prospective students.

Shavonne,
Meetings are great opportunities to share. Thank you for sharing what you are doing at your school.

that sounds great, at least you can discuss all of the trends that you are seeing and any new laws that come into effect.

Lori,
Good communication keeps questions out in the open and another opportunity to learn.

It is very important to keep up to date. Something else that is very important is communication. What I mean by that is that if something changes, everybody in the department should be told and like that everyone is up to date with current and correct information.

I agree communication is very important. Regulations can change so fast and regularly that if everyone is not included in the chain information gets lost and sloppy files can be the result. Clear communication that results in clear policies and procedures gets the best results for your students and institution.

Roxanna,
Good communication is key. Having the right information and distribution is so important.

Maryann,
It takes precision and dedication to be compliant.

Notes are extremely important to be able to provide information that other individuals may need. We all also tend to get busy and being able to refer to notes helps a great deal.

I agree, it is extrememly important to know about the new things that you institution has decided to implement along with the things they are no longer doing.

Admissions reps should keep current about what is going on at there schools

Michael,
It certainly helps reps to become very knowledgeable about their school. It is very difficult to speak about something you really don't know. People will see through the veil.

Zyria,
Excellent reminder in dispensing of the old!

yes as being a admission you need to keep up with current changes

Dale,
Admissions is generally the first point of contact for the school. You must remain current with changes in order to stay in peak job performance.

I strongly agree with you. Knowledge comes about when you attend meetings, training sections, takes notes and talk to other sources. For example this FAPSC Online Training keeps us informed about regulations and strengthen our knowledge.

Sign In to comment