Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Ask a question from your peers to help you in your professional work. Seek different points of view on a topic that interests you. Start a thought-provoking conversation about a hot, current topic. Encourage your peers to join you in the discussion, and feel free to facilitate the discussion. As a community of educators, all members of the Career Ed Lounge are empowered to act as a discussion facilitator to help us all learn from each other.

Required Admissions Training for all admissions staff

I am very interested in this training. It is a good step to educate professionals on the dos and donts of admissions. Furthermore, it provides more institutional responsibility to train.

Transfer of Credits, Meetings

It is definately helpful to be informed as to the transfer of credits from one instution to another. I have learned that so many schools only offer a set amount of credit hours unless they have an articulation agreement with another school or program. Meetings with all the institutions departments more frequently is a great idea to have effective communication within the entire organization.

Advertisements and Job placement

This is a good review of information I received recently from a FAPSC seminar here in the Orlando, FL area. I appreciate the need for a school to make sure it varifies all its placements and advertisements.

Webinars

At our institution, we have live seminars online about once a month, where prospects can view a representative give information about our school and ask any questions that they may have.

Statutes Rules and Regulations

It is good to know that things are being monitored by the DOE and accrediting agencies to ensure fair practices and to look out for the consumer. I feel confident that my institution is handling things fairly and honestly going through this module.

Lobby for Grant funding up to 50% of college tuition, or up to $25K.

With all of the reforms being handed to the department of education over the past 10 years since the turn of the century and the overall success of the system actually decreasing...will the lobbyists shift direction towards more grant funding for students as opposed to whacking the earnings of the Admissions & Fincnail Aid Reps/Advisors ?

Transfer policy

It is extremely important to know the transfer policies of your institution. I probably get those questions at least a couple of times a day.

Lead generation

I welcome any suggestions on how to increase lead generation (aside from whatever marketing plan the institution already has in place).

Financial Aid questions

So we shouldn't even give them general financial aid information? In other words, do we direct ALL financial aid questions to the financial aid department?

Marketing strategies

I welcome suggestions on how to better market and promote our Graduate and Professional School to our target audience.

Training Manual

Our campus developed a comprehensive training manual a few years ago for new admissions representatives. Each employee receives copies/examples of pertinent forms and documents. It reminded me of the Resource Notebook concept. Our challenge is to keep it updated with present day processes and procedures. Participating in this module reminds me of how important this kind of resource is.

Bachelor's Degree

I know that you mentioned earlier that it was not a requirement to have a Bachelor's Degree but I found that when I was searching for employment it was listed as a requirement in order to obtain employment. Is that just the preference of the employer? Or does this make a difference with accreditation?

High Schools are great leads!

I think a great tool for generating new leads is speaking to CAP advisor at high schools and setting up for students to ask information.

Bachelor's Degree

In the state of Florida, are you required to have a bachelor's degree in order to hold an Admissions Representative position & Agents license?

Campus Visits

I am hoping to find some information on what is allowed and not allowed in the state of Florida pertaining to our prospective students attending our prospective student events. Thanks!

Florida Administrative Code Commission Rules

"In addition to the Florida Statutes there are the Florida Administrative Code Commission Rules. These include all the guidelines that regulate every area of your institution. We strongly suggest that you print them and insert in your Resource Notebook." Based on this statement,I ACTUALLY DID PRINT THESE GUIDELINES, WHICH WAS 43 PAGES LONG. Is each school's Admissions Department preparing (ONE) Resource Notebook, with all pertinent inserts, or is it recommended that EACH REP does?

Marketing Tools

As an office, we sat down and compiled a folder of all the marketing tools that the perspective student recieves once they inquire here. This was and is helpful as there are so many pieces. I now know when they recieve each piece and what the piece entails. This was extremely helpful to everyone in our office

Paperwork

Sometimes with the different agencies the paperwork needs to include all of their regulations also. We have a checklist which I think works well.

The importance of listening!

I have found that even more important than asking questions is actually listening to the students response and their stories. The better you listen, the more you can read in between the lines about what the prospective student really wants.

Financial Aid and Tuition Assistance

Each educational institution (campus or Online) should provide a catalog to prospective students. Contained within this catalog, information on financial aid and tuition assistance should be available. In the event that a prospective student asks FA related questions during an interview it is best to refer them to the Financial Aid Department.