Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Ask a question from your peers to help you in your professional work. Seek different points of view on a topic that interests you. Start a thought-provoking conversation about a hot, current topic. Encourage your peers to join you in the discussion, and feel free to facilitate the discussion. As a community of educators, all members of the Career Ed Lounge are empowered to act as a discussion facilitator to help us all learn from each other.

Career information resources for your handbook.

Where do you suggest we find accurate and detailed info on careers for the programs offered at a school?

Resource Notebook

I have been working as an Admissions Representative for 4 years. I have used many guide books and training notebooks. The one that this course designates is the most complete notebook in every sense. It is going to be a great tool for me and I feel that by having it I will be informed and have at my disposal any information that a prospective student or family member may ask me regarding the school that I represent.

The Agent's Requirements

There is alot to know. Where is the training located that agents have to take? It could be beneficial for all at the school not just agents that are away.

Your Own Knowledge

I feel my IMMEDIATE recall of institutional knowledge is a 9 out of 10. I keep my resource book handy when I am uncertain about a policy or procedure. I expect my immediate knowledge to always be at a 9 out of 10 because our institution is a living, breathing organization -- growing, maturing and refining our programs, policies and procedures over time. So I expect that there will always be some piece of information that I just wont be able to put my finger on at a moment's notice. I'm comfortable with that but only because I intend to… >>>

Organizing the Paperwork

Just as suggested with the binder and dividers. and chap 1005 in the front of the binder. The rules I keep in a sperate smaller binder because I refer to them fairly frequently

The Resource Notebook

Part A: In my resource book, I have included the florida statues and the florida administrative code as it relates to the CIE, Agents, and Post Secondary Institutions at the suggestion of this course. I have also included the following information relevant to our institution: 1. staff, faculty, and administrative staff contact info and schedules 2. upcoming start and graduation dates of our programs 3. contact information for the massage licensing board 4. florida statues as they relate to the massage therapy licensure and practice 5. institution tuition and financial aid information 6. state regulation guide for massage therapy licensure… >>>

Regulatory Requirements

How do Commission for Independent Education requirements affect how you perform your job as an admissions representative or agent?

Regulatory Requirements

How do Commission for Independent Education requirements affect how you perform your job as an admissions representative or agent?

Meetings

What meetings do you attend to learn more about your job, admissions policies, regulatory requirements, and your institution?

Meetings

What meetings do you attend to learn more about your job, admissions policies, regulatory requirements, and your institution?

Meetings

What do you know about your institution?

How do you rate your knowledge about your institution? Be specific about what you know and what you are discovering.

How do you rate your knowledge about your institution? Be specific about what you know and what you are discovering.

Programs offered at your school?

What programs are offered at your school and how will you learn about the jobs students train for?

What programs are offered at your school and how will you learn about the jobs students train for?

Organizing the Paperwork

How are you organizing all the paperwork and information related to completing the admissions training?

Organizing the Paperwork

How are you organizing all the paperwork and information related to completing the admissions training?

Organizing the Paperwork