Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Ask a question from your peers to help you in your professional work. Seek different points of view on a topic that interests you. Start a thought-provoking conversation about a hot, current topic. Encourage your peers to join you in the discussion, and feel free to facilitate the discussion. As a community of educators, all members of the Career Ed Lounge are empowered to act as a discussion facilitator to help us all learn from each other.

Organizing the Paperwork

How are you organizing all the paperwork and information related to completing the admissions training?

Those Statutes, Rules, and Regulations!

What are the ways you are learning the various Florida Statutes and Rules and Regulations that regulate your activities and your institution?

Those Statutes, Rules, and Regulations!

What are the ways you are learning the various Florida Statutes and Rules and Regulations that regulate your activities and your institution?

The Resource Notebook

What information have you placed in your Resource Notebook? What have you discovered that you didn't know about your institution or the rules and regulations that must be followed?

Definitions

What are some of the terms and definitions commonly used during the admission process at your institution?

Definitions

What are some of the terms and definitions commonly used during the admission process at your institution?

Definitions

Definitions

What is the best method of marketing for generating qualified leads?

Is it through advertising, career fairs, consortiums or lead generating companies?

Keeping up with the industries

It is important to keep up with the industries for which your institution's programs train. You can locate this information in your local newspaper, business publications, the news and the internet.

Who should you know?

Networking is an important part of your position. There are certain people you should be networking with on a regular basis. These include the Director of Education and the Placement Director. Both of these people have valuable information about the institution that you can include in your discussions with prospective students. They will help you keep current about the details of the programs that are offered and the services that are provided. The Placement Department can provide you with information about where students get jobs, what they are doing, and their successes. Always remember that applicants attend your institution primarily… >>>

Marketing Materials

It is important that you ask for the marketing plans for each month. Then you will have samples of all types of marketing. These materials should be added to your notebook to keep current.

Institution Catalog & Enrollment Agreement

The institution catalog and enrollment agreement are among the documents that have been approved by the Florida Commission for Independent Education and they must follow the Fair Consumer Practices Statutes and Rules. Therefore the admissions requirements should be complete, consistent, and appropriate for the programs you offer.

Introduction-Resource Notebook

I have been working in this field for over 12 years and find that now creating a resource notebook will round out my total knowledge of licensure and the organization as a whole. What a wonderful tool to keep at close hand for immediate reference and guidance.

Resource Book

The Resource book can be beneficial to have all inportant information handy and organized in an easily accessable manor. It will be ideal to have that information accessable in the instance of absence to help guide others in need of answers. It is a great tool and resource to possess.

Learning the Rules of the Game

For me, it was interesting to learn that my interactions with prospective students are governed not only by the university, but also the accrediting body of the school, as well as the Florida Department of Independent Education. This was certainly an unforeseen epiphany as the university is based on the west coast and, although offering seminar-style classes in Florida and the Southeast region, has no brick and mortar buildings outside of the Northwest. As one seeking completion of this certification to become an agent, I now have a much greater understanding of the breadth of regulations and statutes which I… >>>

Resource Notebook..

I'm glad that the topics covered discussed having or creating your own resource notebook I found that to be very effective when becoming an organized agent for my instituion. Thank you for pointing that out. As for now I have no questions.

Student Records

My institution stores students' records electronically. Enrollment agreements, certificates of completion, tuition payments - everything is scanned and stored in a CRM database, searchable by program or name of student. We even store relevant notes about when we spoke to the student, what course they are enrolling in next, etc. Our school administration has access to these files, and we find it streamlines sharing or updating information. Do we also need to keep paper files for our students?

Staying Current

While I am very well aware of teh requirements I must meet. Again this course has reminded me of how important it is to stay current and informed on any new policies or changes in my institution.

Financial Aid

Even when we are not required to know everything about the financial aid programs, scholarships and loans, I believe it is our duty as agents to provide all the information, assistance and help to the prospect, so they are able to do the right thing when applying for it. In other words, it is our responsibility to assure that our prospects are correctly informed and have all the help they need from us.