Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Resource Notebook...setting it up or updating?

I had the quiz and thought that the most effort and time spent on a resource notebook or file was setting up but after reading the feedback I discovered that Florida Regulations change constatly and it is quite an effort to keep everything up to date.

Now, to me it is much easier to update my notebook instead of starting one. For the simple fact that just applying the new regulations, requirements, ect...........

Cecilia,
The initial setup is an undertaking, we understand! But keeping it up-to-date should be done regularly.

I find this resource to be invaluable even as I am building the notebook. Staying current on industry hiring trends, educational regulations, and even in house structure and requirements is an essential part of being an effective Admissions Professional.

Frederick,
Thank you for the feedback. It it a good refresher as you update.

yes i think i will find the notebook very resourceful

Dale,
The notebook can be a very resourceful tool. Make it work for you.

Organization is key. What better way to have everything at your finger tips.

Keeping everything electronic, even if scanning is necessary, helps keep things orgnanized. It's much easier to squeeze new information between existing, unchanged, information.

Michelle,
Scanning can be your best friend!

At first I was a bit awed by all the regulations, however, after reading through it, I realize that what I need to know is stream lined through those documents.

If I focus on what I can share with a prospective student it is much less confusing than trying to remember all the things that you cannot / should not say.

Jennifer,
Good advice. It is about knowledge and application of the rules.

I did not know about the Resource Notebook,I find it so important to my responsibilities at work. All I need is now updated and easy to find.

Thank you.

Oralia,
The resource notebook will be the best personal assistant you will find. Keep it up-to-date and it will serve you well.

Patty Aronoff

Sign In to comment