Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Ask a question from your peers to help you in your professional work. Seek different points of view on a topic that interests you. Start a thought-provoking conversation about a hot, current topic. Encourage your peers to join you in the discussion, and feel free to facilitate the discussion. As a community of educators, all members of the Career Ed Lounge are empowered to act as a discussion facilitator to help us all learn from each other.

Compliance

This topic I found to be very informative and important. Compliance is extremely crucial to our success as individuals and as a company overall...Great information

Admission's Process

after covering this topic, I realized that there is so much more to the admissions process. We'll always have room for growth and improvement.

transfer credit

transfer credits, from my understanding varies from school to school. so I add a disclaimer to my resource notebook. It will definately come handy.

Transfer of Credits

I think that it is very important for Admissions Reps to know in depth the Institutions Trasfer of Credits Policy and the different accrediting bodies. This is a question that always seems to come up when students have attended other Institutions and/or are planning to continue education after.

Staying up to date

This module gives you tips on how to stay up to date and how this will benefit you in the long run it is important to keep track of any changes occuring in your instution and also with any meetings.

Programs

This module had a lot of helpful information and gave me ideas on how to be confident in my interview by asking the program directors and teachers how will the prospective student benefit from the course itself and what can they expect from the course.

Rules and Regulations

After completing this module i have a better understanding of what i can and can not say during an interview.

Admissions Process

After completing this module i better understand the process as an admissions representative

Compliance

If, after completing this unit, you find errors in compliance with your institution--What do you do?

Advertising and Marketing

I would like to hear from others about their effective marketing and advertising strategies.

Organizing paperwork

I would like to hear more about how others have managed to become paperless please

TRAINING FOR ADMISSIONS REPRESENTATIVE

I WOULD LIKE PARTICIPATE IN MORE ADMISSION REPRESENTATIVE TRAINIG THAT COULD BE VERY IMPORTANT TO US , HAVING MORE PREPARATION AND SKILL FOR OURS WORK.

Forum 4

It gives us the guidelines to follow to make sure we are in compliance. As long as we follow the guidelines and we are meeting the standards it allows us to keep our licensing in the state of Florida.

Forum 3

I feel that I am very knowledgeable about our institution. Working closely with the other departments allows me to not only keep up with the constant changes, but also allows me to learn something new every day. When students ask questions it’s nice to be able to give them the correct information, if you do not know the answer it is also comforting to know that the other departments are there to give you the correct information to pass on to the student.

Forum 2

We have all the information in a three ring binder separated into sections. Once training is complete the Admissions Representative, Admissions Trainer, Director of Admissions, Assistant Director of Admissions, and Director of Student Finance all signed off to verify completion.

Forum 1

In my resource notebook I have placed, School Catalog, Policies and Procedures, Enrollment Agreement, Admissions Staff Training, Accreditation, as well as the Organization Chart. Having the Resource Notebook is a very valuable tool for us to have. During this course I have learned about the Florida Statutes, compliance regulations and much more.

Agents role in recruiting

In regarding to an Agents role in recruiting a prospective student in a location away from campus...Would an individual need to be registered as an agent for the school if only a presentation is taking place in an offsite location or prospective students home, with no securement of an enrollment by means of accepting an enrollment fee, deposit, etc...?

Resource Notebook

I've compiled our Student Catalog, FCIE rules/regulations, ACICS Policies/Procedures, Student Enrollment Agreement, as well as all forms students complete during the enrollment process.

STUDENT SERVICES

I THINK THAT WE NEED TO BE PREPARE IN STUDENT SERVICES , IT IS VERY IMPORTANT WHEN THE PROSPECTIVE STUDENT WANT TO KNOW ABOUT IN WHAT FIELD THEY CAN WORK, RECEVIED ORIENTATION ABOUT ACADEMY ASSISTANCE , PLACEMENT AND GRADUATION

Ready, set, go!

This module was very imformative. Along with the Admissions bible, ( Resource Notebook), and knowledge of the rules and regs, I am set to go. It doesn't matter how long a person has been in this position, someone, can always learn somthing new. Even the Reference Notebook checklist is a great tool to have. This is great! Now, let's go!