Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Website

I think it is important to keep your website up-to-date and provide information on the website. It doesn't sit well with some people if they can't find information they want/need. In this age of technology, a lot of our leads are internet based. Internet leads typically want information NOW... and providing this on the website will quench their thirst.

i feel that it is important to make sure the websites are up to date and accurate with information. I know from experience that i want everything to be online for me to see and for me to make a clear choice on where i would like to attend school

I agree. Our web site is an open window to prospective students, it needs to be update, clear and complete.

It is very nessary to have your website up to date! when i started at this school, the out of date website has made it harder to "qualify" a lead, beacuse they want the facts on the school. So i spend more time giving them the facts then actually qualifing them for our school and or programs that will fit them best

Krista,
Yes, we are moving to the culture of referring to the internet. Keeping the website is a full-time job and it is important that all references match.

Nicole,
The internet seems to be the place to start to find information these days. Verify that the website information matches the information you are providing directly to the student. Make sure that all links are working and the travel through the site flows smoothly. Nothing is more frustrating than conflicting information or broken links.

Carolina,
I agree. Often, this is the first impression of your school. We tend to have less patience running through a website than looking through a book.

Tim,
Misinformation or conflicting information can certainly make your job more difficult. It is also an impression of your school.

While it is necessary to provide as much pertinent information as possible to prospective students through our website, it is also equally as important not to provide too much information that could easily be misconstrued. Best to leave explicit details up to the admissions representative when speaking directly with a prospect.

Christina,
Very good advice. When speaking directly with the admissions rep, the conversation can give the opportunity for questions and clearer understandings.

I worked at places where they made advertisment on their webpage for an easter special. But at this time it was September...

But the same goes for answering machine messages. Last Wednesday I had to call an office early in the morning around 11am. There was an answering machine, telling my that they are closed over the weekend and that they will reopen on Monday 9am. I thought, "Well, that was two days ago, so somebody should come in and change their answering machine message".

Daniel,
How any organization presents itself on the internet or as you say their answering machine is a first impression. It would certainly be reflective of the organization if they cannot keep their primary contact vehicles current.

When our website was redesigned last year, the outside marketing group took the catalog link off the home page and hid it on the "current students" page amidst other verbiage. The reasoning is that they want people to request information. My feeling, as a consumer, is that if I can't find what I need within a few keystrokes, I go elsewhere. We are a "want it now" society with an abundance of websites (and colleges) available. Why would I waste time hunting through a less intuitive website?

I agree. the majority of peole I speak with throughout the day say that they found out about us by searching online. I feel that keeping the website current and easy to navigate is essential. Many prospective students are accustomed to reasearching colleges online to find out if a particular college may be a candidate for a match. Visting an up- to date wesite can lead them to visiting you face to face.

Cynthia,
I believe most people are the same way. It doesn't take much to get frustrated and move on.

Quintana,
The website is often your first point of contact. It is important to put our best face forward.

Our school's website is in constant flux as it is the porthole for all to see. It is very time consuming but worth it as it saves us time in the long run. The questions we get by telephone are clear and concise.

Timothy,
We are becoming a culture of internet junkies. It is often the first place of information seeking. Having a top notch website with current information is very important in today's marketing.

I feel a website plays a very important part in suppling addidtional School information to prospective students. For example: If a prospective student is in a bit of a rush and wouls like information on the programs we can have then visit our website and write down all questions they may have.

Michelle,
Websites are often the first point of contact for prospectiv students. Easy to navigate sites are very important.

Sign In to comment