Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

how to learn more about florida rules

i need to know about more options to learn how works the rules and the way to understand better , because i like to give a better information to the prospective student

Glenda,
There are many ways to learn the rules of the Commission. The primary way, of course, is to have a general understanding by reading ad comparing to your institution's catalog and enrollment agreement. The Commission also weblinks its meetings every two months so you can see and hear the rules being placed into practice. Also, Commission staff is very willing to assist.

I believe that a portion of the definition of a professional includes the desire and effort to continually improve one's knowledge base. Read and study all pertinent statutes and rules promulgated by the state, CIE, and your accrediting body. Also read and study the rules and regulations developed by your school regarding or relating to the admissions process. By read and study, I mean multiple times. Read for understanding. When you have achieved a level of understanding, you will know the purpose and intent of these rules. You will have the ability to verify that the school's standards are in compliance with state, CIE, and accrediting body rules and regulations. If you find a conflict among these, you will be doing your school and, possibly, the education profession a great favor by pointing out these contradictions or conflicts.

Bruce,
Your post gives great advice. We all have to take our roles seriously with honesty, integrity and full knowledge of the regulations within the industry.

Honesty and integrity im the admissions process is tantamount to the student's opportunity for success, not only in school but in their future.

Gregory,
It is not only best practice but just good solid business.

Patty Aronoff

Sign In to comment