Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Ask a question from your peers to help you in your professional work. Seek different points of view on a topic that interests you. Start a thought-provoking conversation about a hot, current topic. Encourage your peers to join you in the discussion, and feel free to facilitate the discussion. As a community of educators, all members of the Career Ed Lounge are empowered to act as a discussion facilitator to help us all learn from each other.

VA Questions

What is the best way to handle VA questions?

Evaluation of the course

This course was very helpful and helped me improve my skills.

Prospective Student Question

How is it best known if the prospective student really understands all policies in handbook?

Training for Admissions

This course was very helpful and was a great Refresher. i definitely like the idea of the Resource notebook and checking for updates monthly. 

ood

IS ALWAYS GOOD KEEP IN THE CORRECT POLICIES AND ADMISSION PPRACTIC. 

Commitment

Most applicants are happy to start a new life and are proud to finally take the first step to get closer to their goals.We should always make sure to not confuse excitement with commitment.  As Admisiions Representatives we need to make sure that the day that a student enrolls can identify both and that way not only they will show up on their first day but we are really helping them change their lives.

Honesty is the best Policy

Being truthfull and Honest and knowing your school. Will lead you to be successfull.

Marketing / Advertising

What are some of everyones best ROI's on marketing amongst todays millenial students?

Refresher

This training (CM221) has served as an effective reminder of some of the rules and regulations of the activities performed.

Possible Program Changes

Explanation about new changes that can occur at a career school or college, programs can be eliminated or same programs hours or credits might be changed

after the student submits an application !

Florida Compliance

Is it compliance to still referr students to the Federal Labor Stats website for salary references?

Advertising

Very informative about the different types of advertising available to the institutions.  I also learned that a guaduation ceremony was not a requirement fir the institution.

Catalogs

I feel there is a lot of important information in the catalog that the student would find useful throughout their program but I do realize the importance of the student reviewing the catalog prior to starting so that if they have questions they can be addressed.  I would ask the student to review suggesting that on their next visit that we go over any questions that they have about the institution.

Very helpful

I enjoy this course, it has helped me refresh my memory in many topics. 

Chapter IV

Hello everybody! Please help me understand: if my institution is not accredited but licensed can be allowed for federal allocation of funds for postsecudary education?

Do they need training?

In our institution, the admissions department is out of state. Their staff are all trained on Florida Statutes and CoC before starting. At our FL location we do have administrative and operations staff who interact with prospective students during tours and information sessions. While they are not the ones who handle the admissions in the end, do they still need training as set out in the FL statutes?

Great Info

This course provides great information 

Admissions course

Really helpfull course that gave me some great insight a far as I need and to know to become an Admissions Staff!

Admissions Training

This placed quite a wealth of information already extant in my institution's enrollment process into its proper context. I also appreciate the citations of specific governing regulations.

Advertise

the course was very good. the information is helpfull for the school. I like the part where we can advertise more. I remember before, advertisement was limited to a certain level.