Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Training

It is very important as an admissions officer to attend all trainings/seminars.

I agree with you, however this whole replying thing as part of training is different for me. I have never had to do this before and i find it somewhat challenging.

Gorys,
Initial training is important as well as continued learning and development.

MiJung,
It is a way of communication with people all over the state and sharing of ideas. We want to have involvement of many.

I agree with that. I have seen many admissions representatives over the years say, "Well I was not informed about that", however, they have not attended a traning workshop in years.

Absolutely! Many Admissions Directors just put the representative at a desk and put them on the phone without training. This is a formula for disaster on so many levels. It also puts the prospective student in a bad situation.

Mark,
We all need to be self-directed in learning and keeping up-to-date. It's unfortunate.

Mark,
Quality training leads to compliance. So many compliance issues arise when people are not properly trained.

Very important! Product knowledge is the key in being successful in helping our future students and providing the correct information.

Ronald,
I encourage reps to sit in on classes, talk with instructors, visit the library. All good ways to learn more about your institution.

I think this is quite useful, especially if you represent an online school. This is what your students are doing on a daily basis!

Kelly,
Online training is certainly a sampling of what online students experience. It takes self-discipline and concentration.

Product Knowledge is extremely important, We conduct weekly trainings with assessments and the representative are certified in product knowledge on a continuous basis.

Angela,
Another suggestion is to sit in on classes. What a great way to experience the program first hand!

I agree. We have quality and quantity training. We learn new techniques and review how to stay in compliance on a regular basis.

While I agree involvement of "many" is important in a training aspect, especially distance learning - however, I have yet to see the benefit of these forums when most are comments regarding how well the module or training was.

Susan,
If we don't, we can easily become overconfident or complacent.

Kenny,
Forums are an effective way to share information and expose others to different ways of handling situations.

Sign In to comment