Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Ask a question from your peers to help you in your professional work. Seek different points of view on a topic that interests you. Start a thought-provoking conversation about a hot, current topic. Encourage your peers to join you in the discussion, and feel free to facilitate the discussion. As a community of educators, all members of the Career Ed Lounge are empowered to act as a discussion facilitator to help us all learn from each other.

Conclusion

This course was a a great knowledge for me and I'm sure this will be very productive for my professional career.

Planning

My plan is keep all this information up dated in my binder to refresh monthly. Also have couple flash cards near to my desk with all the information needed.

Agent Licensure

Why is an Agent license required to be renewed each year and non-transferable?

Agent

I wasn't aware of all the requirements that were expected to be an agent. This coarse was very informative! I learned a whole lot from this coarse. Thank you for offering this coarse for us all to learn.

agents requirements

the Agents requirements are more than what i initially expected. although it is a reglatory process there is so much effort that needs to go into the agents position to make sure you are providing an effective service. the rules and regulations ensure that the consumer and the institutions meet standards. these make sure that everybody is in agreeance with not only the process of enrolling but the expectations during and after, what an honor to be so important in an industry such as this.

my institution

i believe that so far i am knowlegable on the products and knowledge of my institution. i keep up to date, by making sure that we hold regular meetings and updating files and documents; also any new changes in programs or policy's that change on a daily/ weekly and yearly basis. this is important to me and my company as product knowledge is the key to all elements of education.

organization

i believe that 100% of compliance results from being organized correctly. i have taken my reglatory notebook, and added laminated copys of each section of which are divided into, education, title iv, enrollment agreements ect. this should act as a visable guide for future reference.

regulatory training

i believe the additional training was great knowlege not only fro me but it will also benefit my organization. being that we enroll student and sign and also have them sign, i never quite grasped the fact that the contract was legally binding after we had signed it together, this was very powerful information as most student tend to want to skim through these facts.

Institutions not under the jurisdiction or purview of the commission

Institutions matching 1005.06 (e) or (f) are considered not to be under the jurisdiction or purview of the commission. What I do not understand is that such institutions must ask the commission for being associated to one of those statute's items. Wouldn't it be a form of jurisdiction or purview? Thank you.

"Operating in this state" definition

Just some questions regarding a definition. An institution must have a physical location in the state of Florida in order to be operating in this state? Institutions enrolling Floridians students in 100% distance learning programs without physical location in Florida are not said to be "operating in this state"? Thank you.

The agent's requirement---thoughts and feelings

Informative!! Incredible amount of information goes into the training course for an Admission Agent.Great responsibility also. Interesting Title and a great cm 201 training course indeed. Being new to the course title, I am honored to be able to actually be a part of the study course. Being an Agent Admission means esnuring your institution meet all the rules and regulatory guidelines and licensure required by the state. An Agent responsibility is to ensure your Resource Notebook is always up-to-date and current. That you know all the departments and what's going on in each department at all times. Regular up-dates… >>>

Keeping up-to-date

My plans to keep up-to-date is to maintain current information in my Resource Notebook. Ways to do so is to schedule remainders for update, keep in touch with student services, directors, various departments,assimulate updated information as necessary and placed in tthe appropriate labeled section of the resource book.. Visit career events, reveiew marketing maaterials, be vigilant on constant with mywing what goes on in the institution.

My own Knowlegdge

I am new in this department and anticipate following the recommendation given as a student/Agent to keep my Institution in compliance at all time. I would like to be able to rate my institution between a 9-10 given the experience. However, in the meantime I am careful how I make the transition into Agent on behalf of my institution as I commit to following carefully the instructions/Institution policies and procedures,and operations manual(s), including my supervisor/director's directives and the knowledge learn from this course.

Ways I am learning the various Florida Statues and Rules

I am careful in following the instructions recommended. i.e, Reading and printing the documents ansd filing them in specific order in my Resource Note book. I also include an reminder/update section in my notebook to remind me of the frequent and weekly/monthly update reminders including a monthly reminder in my microsoft outlook ..I will also secure a copy of the notebnook in the event of an emergency.

The admission Process and Paperwork

The instruction recommended is vital in my succes as an Agent and for my institution to stay in compliant. I am committed to follow the recommended process with a orgnaized binder and dividers as follows: For my Resource Book, I will be following the rules as outlined in the satues. Carefully reviewing the documents, checking them against the statutes and rules covering fair consumer practices, and identifying all the places that the admission requirement for my institution list requires. All suggested documents will be printed and inseted in a color coded section of my Resource Book. In addition, labeling my… >>>

Resource Notebook

So far this course has been very informative. Learning about the Resource Notebook is key information to completing the Course, and helping me in becoming an effective/organized Agent in a highly regulatory and compliant environment, such as my institution. Including in my Notebook thus far are printed pages that are, divided & carefully labeled copies: 1. Statues and Rules if the FL Commission of Independent Education. www.fldoe.org/cie/ 2. Rules: (Chapter 6E, Florida Administrative Code) 3. Statues: (Chap 1005, Florida Statues 5) Statutory Guidelines, for the Florida Commission for Independen College. 4. Staff, faculty, and administrative contact information including schedules. 5.… >>>

Keeping Up-to-Date

What are your plans to add any missing information and to keep up-to-date with any changes made?

Those Statutes, Rules, and Regulations!

What are the ways you are learning the various Florida Statutes and Rules and Regulations that regulate your activities and your institution?