Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Finding ways to keep your students motivated is very important. Also make sure it doesn't become too long winded by adding a little humor in between so students don't become bored and not interested.

Motivating students is important to success within the course. 

I learned enthusiasm and feedback should  to be tailored to suit the needs of each learner in order to be most effective. Try to avoid generic or whole class feedback and encouragement but rather be specific so students feel valued and motivated. 

the methods of showing students you respond to their efforts to engage with peers include, keeping eye contact, standing by students, arranging the students in a circle 

This course refreshed many things I had learnt earlier.

Most important point I learnt today is the importance of immediate feedback.

Interesting concept that students are more motivated by higher point scales. Consider making assignment out of 100 rather than 10. Crucial to remember that timely feedback is important to enhance learning. Grading something 3 weeks late will not have the same value as returning a graded assignment the next class, and can raise student anxiety. 

Expertise, empathy, enthusiasm and clarity are the four major pillars. great session

Definitely students will perform better if we can help them be passionate about the subject material. Knowing them and how to tie material to their lives can help with that

The importance of motivation your students and showing your dedication to them

This module is very important to the learning process of our students. It is human nature to need to be motivated and reinforcement.  We never know what our students may be dealing with in their outside lives and finding the appropriate balance can sometime be challenging. 

I learned important ways to keep students motivated are reinforcement of material through grades, rewards and praise, retention of material and transference of that material into real world experiences so that they can link the learning to long-term memory. 

Motivating your students and being supportive of them helps with their success.  Know your subject and your students.

Reinforcement ,definitely helps with retention, use of acronyms & acrostics helps with retention also motivates the students.

Don't only be your students instructor. Support them by understanding their situations and making sure they understand that you want the best for them. 

I learned that providing motivation is essential to student success and having a solid knowledge base of the material creates credibility 

It motivates students when they can see that the instructor is as excited about the subject and demonstrates knowledge.  This encourages the student to want the same outcomes.

motivation is a key factor in student success

In this module I learned that you should be motivational at all points of class.

I once heard another instructor say years ago "IF YOU CAN REACH THEM, YOU CAN TEACH THEM"

This has been true to each school I have had the opportunity to teach at.

It's important to motivate the students. Being prepared and knowing your material is a must base line. 

I have learned that creating a good, enthusiastic learning environment is key to success. I am a people person, as well as a standup comedian, and this skill help me in making the students feel comfortable.

Sign In to comment