Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Providing immediate feedback is crucial to a students development through the course. I have pushed to do this and can improve my methods of delivery. This course is a great reminder of how important it is. 

"Transcending the message" was an interesting concept - not just the what, but the how, of delivery.

From this module I learned that motivating my students is very important for student success. 

Keep your material fresh to keep students engaged. Make sure you are keeping the same enthusiasm about the course all the time to keep students engaged.

Empathy and personal teaching approach is the way to go.

I plan to prepare for each lecture by reading the materials and looking over the slides.  I will also review the syllabus objectives for the day.  I want to use small group work at and have them work through a case study within that group and then have it be a class review for answers.  I want to add Think Break questions to see that students are understanding the information and do it in a polling style with rationale and answer.  I would also like to provide 1 or 2 case studies that can evolve through the chapter if applicable, or present at the beginning and discuss at the end to see how much they can apply what was learned.  

Motivation is important to both the student and instructor. 

I learned that motivating your students is important to their success in the class.  Teachers should not only serve as a learning resource but they should also serve as a source of support to the students they encounter. 

Motivation is very important when you are preparing a student or instructor.

I have learned that providing feedback in timely manner is imperative to keep students engaged.  If a student is unaware of how they are progressing in the course they may lose momentum.  I will work on providing feedback to students in a more timely manner.

Motivating students is important in order for the students to get the most out of the education. As a professor I can help by understanding when motivation is necessary based on involvement as well as keeping myself motivated.

Offering your expertise can be a motivator to the students because they will see you as an experienced professional. They will appreciate the skills you have to share with them.

The ability to motivate and keep the students interest is paramount to successful teaching and student retention. 

I learned that it is important to motivate student in the learning process.  Students are interested in your expertise and how much you know about the topic.  It is important that you clarify information rather than talking over there head with no explaination.

Students are the reason......understand them as individuals and foster them to take risks.

share my background experiences  and give examples and stories about it to make them impressed and excited 

In this section, I learned about being intentional about learning student backgrounds and future goals to apply learning to their needs and help them see the relevancy of the learned content to their areas of focus. 

Learn who your students are and what motivates them. Create a class environment that gives them the freedom to speak on their experiences. 

Being the subject matter expert is a plus (however remember there could be a student in your class that has more expertise than you), allowing your students to know you are human and also make mistakes.  The key to making any mistake is not only owning that mistake but also learning from it.  Finding the ways to engage your class which may be different from class to class.

I love that someone said it is important for instructor and student to remember their "why". This will keep both motivated.

Sign In to comment