Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Students need reinforcement that supports learning. They need feedback so that they don’t lose enthusiasm. Great teachers know the content and they know their students.

The best instructors really care about helping students learn and equipping them for success. They are passionate about their career field and what they teach; and they believe in and demonstrate excellence and integrity. 

Motivation is key to anyone’s success so using this tool with the techniques presented will encourage students to elevate themselves inside the course. 

Motivating students is important, but isn't necessarily difficult if you're focused on doing your job correctly.  Showing up, being present and active in the classroom, and sharing your excitement for the field is really all you have to do.

I have learned to share my first hand experiences and to remain empathetic and enthusiastic!

I would motivate my students by doing things that they are interested in by obtaining a survey at the beginning of the semester to be sure that I know them well and use that knowledge for better engagement.

This module helped in serving as a reminder that no mater what pedagogy we prescribe to ourselves or to other teachers, what must remain is the human element. Getting frustrated will, of course, happen but we can not allow our frustrations to exert themselves against the students and must understand where it is that they are coming from. Losing our ability to recognize student's as individuals and instead ascribing them to the role of student, will not only prevent their own internal motivations, but will impede your ability to succeed.

Sign In to comment