Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

I will never underestimate the power of being a motivator in the classroom and with my students and colleagues as well.

share your knowledge and experiences with students and encourage them to set realistic goals. 

To know that it is important to never humiliate a student for not knowing something, and to instead see value in their responses, to help build their confidence and not trigger survival.

This study offered some important points for the adult learner.  As an instructor, I want to be aware of concerns relating to them such as being open to allowing them to share their personal experiences.  This is important for retention.  Also, it is important to give ways to retain information such as mnemonic.  

Engage and motivate. Use influential strategies. 

Motivate students by giving timely feedback and constructive ctriticism.

I learned that it is not only important to motivate your students, but to understand their motivation and tailor their learning experience.  

Comment on Ronnie Tobias's post

I agree

Keeping our students motivated is as crucial as keeping ourselves motivated too. Having empathy towards our students will allow us to understand them better and create a better relationship where trust and respect will be the key. We motivate our students by mirroring our enthusiasm about our careers, it shows when we are in love with our field and it is contagious.

Know your students and do not be dismissive or overbearing.  Have an environment of learning. 

The importance of keeping students motivated, having empathy, and setting clear expectation for the course. 

Instructor enthusiasm is the cornerstone of student success. We must demonstrate a passion for what we teach, be knowledgeable with content, and demonstrate a sincere desire for the students acquisition of knowledge and their ability to apply it.

I have years of experience, but if I do not effectively communicate my expertise, I have failed to teach.

I do appreciate the concepts of conveying expertise, along with empathy for each student's (learner's) background, delivered enthusiastically and with clarity.

We as instructors have a duty to both know our students, and in doing so motivate them in their classroom work to not only succeed, but excel.

I believe i can immediately utilize the "four cornerstones of instructions in my classes. That is: Offering expertise, having empathy, showing enthusiasm and demonstrating clarity.

For this module I have a greater understanding of how important it is to motivate students daily. Showing empathy and understanding of their circumstances are huge. 

I have learned that motivation is critical for student success and retention in the career program. I understand that student motivation will wax and wane throughout the curriculum. I need to create an environment of empathy and understanding so that students will trust me to teach them, and to understand that they have lives outside of school. I will endeavor to make all the student's feel that their opinions and ideas are valid and welcome to be shared with the class. I have to be able to recognize what motivates each student so that I will be able to use personal value systems to reinforce the effort that the students are putting into the program to enable successful completion. 

The importance of being motivated to teach as an instructor.

Relating a mistake you made can be a powerful learning experience for a student.

Motivating your students is an individual process that takes time and true dedication to really undertand them and help them succeed!

Sign In to comment