Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

I find that practice is undoubetly the best method for student retention.

I agree with motivating, but if we know the students then we are even better at motivating. All the modules are coming together

This module made me more aware of ways to motivate as well as inspire students. Giving immediate feedback is necessary to keep them engaged and interested in their course work. I can also promote their motivation with my own enthusiasm and empathy, showing them that I am devoted to their success. 

I learned that it is not enough to just present a topic but important to prep for the class using the same tools the students are to use. The difference between the two is as the instructure I am using the tools as a refresher to enhance my knowledge base and information recall. I have found that I am more motivated in teaching when I am confident and my level of enthusiasm is greater. I believe some of that enthusiasm is transferred to the students.

Caring is sharing! Be Open To The Learners & They Will Engage!

Motivating students' pragmatism through memorization and autodidactism with a healthy tolerance for risk is a strong formula for student success. The idea that students will have a solid foundation upon which to think differently and dissent from established norms should encourage the most useful form of creativity and personal accountability.

Motivation can be in many diffeent forms such as positive reinforcement through immediate feedback, the student seeing meaning and purpose in the information (content), and seeing the relevancy and relationship of course content. Retention of content through semantic and/or episodic memory can be a motivating factor as well. Transference, by way of moving short term memory to long term memory can be motivating to the student as they are applying new skills, knowledge, and abilities to the field.

"Modeling positive behavior, attitude, and actions will do much to keep the students excited about training to enter the field."

Such an important reminder!

Career learners may be more engaged and remember content better if they can relate it to personal experiences.  

I like the video and the 4 things to make an effective educator. I strive to make sure my learning environment isnt perceived as threatening or intimidating. Those characteristics make for a hard to learn setting.

Instructors must be ready to give quick feedback to students in a positive and encouraging way during the course of a class to continue to motivate students to have a successful learning outcome.  Instructors must be able to energize the students and give relevancy to what they are teaching in order to increase the retention of their students.

Motivation can either build your student or it can even brake them so its important to  keep the right Motivation  going. 

SEth Soronnadi

I understood that; "... modeling positive behavior, attitude, and actions will do much to keep the students excited about training to enter the field."

Immediate feedback is important to upkeep student motivation as well as understanding how individual students respond to certain circumstances.

Enthusiasm is contagious. If faculty are enthusiastic about a course student are more likely to also.  Faculty also need to be empathetic to personal issues encountered by students ie. death of loved one.

Motivating students and understanding how to motivate them will be beneficial for the instructor. Understandinf inteinsic and extrinsic motivation is important.

Mnemonic techniques are great learning strategies for students!

This module solidifies the importance to empathy and sharing of your passion for the specialty takes the burden off the instructor and promotes self motivation. This motivation has an ecreditable appetite pushing the student for more, pursing the knowledge as a part of their own desire and not because they were told to do so. Once experiencing the positive impact on successful completion of exams you have a true winner.

Motivation to key to student success. Knowing why they are doing a certain project or case study will motivate them to complete it. Ah ha moments are really not moments. They are ponits when the realization of events over the course of the course makes sense.

Empathy matters. We don't lower our standard, but if a student feels cared about, known, respected, they are more motivated to rise to the goals. 

Sign In to comment