past experiance

I find sometimes it's tough to teach older student that may semi related to what is being covered do to changing there bad habits or get them awy from a comfort zone that... >>>

learning and applying

More empathy and applying what has been... >>>

Diversity

It is mentioned that it is the responsibility of the instructor with students of diverse backgrounds in diverse settings to bring students to a level of sophistication. I am taken back by this. What... >>>

Two Types of Motivators: Intrinsic & Extrinsic | Origin: ED112

This is a general discussion forum for the following learning topic: Influencing Student Motivation --> Two Types of Motivators: Intrinsic & Extrinsic Post what you've learned about this... >>>

Two Main Issues: Security & Autonomy | Origin: ED112

This is a general discussion forum for the following learning topic: Influencing Student Motivation --> Two Main Issues: Security & Autonomy Post what you've learned about this topic and... >>>

Expose, Experiences and Educate

I got, Expose, Experiences and Educate or as I like to say,... >>>

Understanding adult students

Adult students come from such diverse life experiences that acknowledgement of who they are and what they have done to be in my class room is a powerful tool to reach... >>>

Motivation

What are some of the best methods you have used to motivate... >>>

retention

very informative. I print learning tools to enhance the effect of the chapters and give feedback often to keep them... >>>

Tutorials

Tutorials, is what I currently am practicing in my classroom, did not know that this actually had a name, nor that it is a part of... >>>

Badges

We at our school, have Badges that students earn when they score an 85% grade or... >>>

Increasing Student Retention by Flipping the Classroom | Origin: ED410

This is a general discussion forum for the following learning topic: Increasing Student Retention by Flipping the Classroom  Post what you've learned about this topic and how you intend to... >>>

Gamification in the Classroom | Origin: ED409

This is a general discussion forum for the following learning topic: Gamification in the Classroom Post what you've learned about this topic and how you intend to apply it. Feel free to post... >>>

Motivating Others | Origin: ED406

This is a general discussion forum for the following learning topic: Motivating Others Post what you've learned about this topic and how you intend to apply it. Feel free to post questions and... >>>

Customer Service in the Classroom | Origin: ED209

This is a general discussion forum for the following learning topic: Students as Customers --> Customer Service in the Classroom Post what you've learned about this topic and how you intend... >>>

Advising Students | Origin: ED209

This is a general discussion forum for the following learning topic: Students as Customers --> Advising Students Post what you've learned about this topic and how you intend to apply it.... >>>

Effective Communication | Origin: ED209

This is a general discussion forum for the following learning topic: Students as Customers --> Effective Communication Post what you've learned about this topic and how you intend to apply... >>>