Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

In this model, I learned the different methods to motivate students in the class. I  intend to apply it by giving student clear course contents: encourage students to be active in the group activity: Making students focussing to understand theory and abstract not only pass the class; signed student to work in group to design practical project. 

I like topic of making sure students get the  graded assignments in a good time. I can see how this can cause students to lose focus because they want to know how hey did on a test or quiz so they can be prepared for the next test or quiz.

Keep students motivated by sharing experience and show them you really love what you do

Effectively motivated students are more likely to be driven to learn and succeed.

After going through this module, I feel reaffirmed that creating a personal connection with the students (specifically, practicing empathy) is best practice within this field.

Create an environment where the students can take risk but do not humiliates a student. How I perceive humiliation might be different how the student would experience it especially when being challenged to take risk.  Be encouraging without creating humiliation. 

Realizing that there many factors involved in retention and application helps me to use the tools from this course to reach that goal.

To show that I can really make a difference in the way they care. By showing them how to accomplish this by itself, and then leading them on the right path toward doing this themselves.

Motivating students is a key to their success. Everyone wants to see a reward for their efforts, whether that is thru verbal/written means such as grades, physical rewards such as trophies, awards, etc., or purely psychological rewards (these students tend to be the self motivated overachievers that want to have perfect attendance/perfect grades in my experience). If you aren't leading their motivation thru these means they will swiftly lose interest. Our enthusiasm is contagious.

learned it takes 30 days or 45 times of repetition for something to be moved into memory when learning

Motivating students includes getting to know your students and their reasons for taking on debt and risk to be in school. Helping to remind people why they started the journey can get them through difficult courses. Being a subject expert and being fair and supportive allows students to take risks that lead to success that improves motivation.

always be  prepared, enthusiastic and caring to all your student.  

I learned about motivating the student by getting to know them and what motivates them. Also what to do in instances where you don't have all the answers!

Comment on Tikeama Buckingham's post: I agree that it is important to be enthusiastic when teaching. Also, providing practical examples that are relatable. It is also necessary to provide feedback on tests and assignments as soon as possible.

I learned how detrimental it is to embarrass a student.  That survival instinct kicking in is a real thing after an instructor embarrasses a person.  I may be speaking from personal experiences LOL.

I love motivating my students to continue their education.

It is critical to motivate students and show enthusiasm in the classroom. Be open and empathetic and do not intimidate or shame students. Give them a positive reason to want to be there and learn. 

Motivation is key for the success of our instructors and our students.

A good teacher knows the content, a great teacher knows the students. Students need motivated and it is important for the teacher to know what motivates the students. Positive feedback, encouragement, praise and establishing a rapport with the students will motivate them to do better; to do more. 

Motivating students to learn can be enhanced by sharing why you care about the subject matter and its relevancy in "real-life". This also lends to a strengthened relationship with your students.

Sign In to comment