Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Ask a question from your peers to help you in your professional work. Seek different points of view on a topic that interests you. Start a thought-provoking conversation about a hot, current topic. Encourage your peers to join you in the discussion, and feel free to facilitate the discussion. As a community of educators, all members of the Career Ed Lounge are empowered to act as a discussion facilitator to help us all learn from each other.

Stress

The biggest thing we can do is to learn to relax. Do not take everything that happens to us personally.

Making Time

When starting a new class always use all available materials, from any source, they can always be modified.

Taking Control

In everything that we do we priortize the items done. We do not always write them down but we do make the decision to act.

COMMON MISTAKES

HELLO ALL,TO ERR IS HUMAN,LETS DONT KEEP MAKING THE SAME ONES TWICE.STAYING ORGANIZED IS THE KEY TO SMOOTHER CLASS PRESENTATION.

mistakes

We are all human, some people make more mistakes than other's. It's a difficult task to avoid, unless you are perfect in which we all know we are.

challenges

Challenging students may also be difficult. First the difficulties needs to be located. Then work on that aspect to get through to the student.

unfocused students

Very tough to get thru to a few of our students. First they must be allowed to feel comfortable in class, then begin.

successs

Setting the stage for this learning experiance is the most important thing to be consistant with. That way each class will begin and end the same way, unless changes must be added.

relieving stress

I have found that working out, stretching and just taking a moment to sit quietly has helped my stress level.

Recognize the signs

We all deal with stress,family,friends,work, commute.Realizing that you are stressed out is another problem. When you become short tempered, not feeling well, headaches, patience level is down, tired, irritable all signs. Look for the signs.

Reducing Exam Anxiety

I let my students know, at the beginning of the term, that all exams come with a review before the test is actually given. I also tell them that if they show up for the review and study the notes from the review, they will likely pass with a very high score. This encourages attendance and reduces exam anxiety. Students will always ask what the exam will cover.

Getting the students to show up on time...

It seems to me that this generation of students are having a hard time and trouble getting to class on time, how could I stress to them that they have to be on time and not late...

Exersice before or after work

I have found that working out before or after work helps release a lot of stress

Geting students involed

I have my students work solo just becouse of nateure of what we teach It gives them a chance to see what its like in the shop.

teaching a course

By teaching the same course again and again it becomes repetative, not a bad thing, not only are you familare with the material but you can anticipate any questions that may come up.

to do list

I have always made a "to do list". I have never prioritized it. Outstanding idea.

making mistakes

I have made many mistakes and have learned from them,I hope not to make anymore.

angry students

I have found that most angry students are not angry with me or the class it's outside influences. I take them off to the side and find out what is wrong by talking to them on a one to one basis and then try to get them the help that they need.

Should my Wife guilt me about my job?

Isn't that unfair?

I would like to have a hammock at work.

Seriously. Why not? Maybe we should try the Google Model.