Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Setting the stage for Success

Setting the stage for a learning experiance is the most important thing to be follow through on.That way the students all have an idea what will be happening through the course.

I agree that setting the stage is important. What is just as important is setting the guidelines that are to be followed throguhout that course

Setting the stage is very important.... Setting the stage at the beginning of the course sets the whole course environment.

I spend a lot of time explaining my expectations to the students and how they can help themselves get the best possible grade in my class. I make sure to repeat several times that I want them to do well and give different examples of ways to get a good or bad grade. Later when I question a student about their performance I can ask if they remember what I said about what they needed to do to achieve the highest possible grade.

Yes it important, probably more important than most people realize. It sets the stage for not only how the teacher is going to run the class but it also affects the rules and regulations of the class and school. Manytimes we don't set clear expectations and wonder why the students are not doing exactly what we want.

Hello Jeffrey,
As educators, we must give clear expectations. Students expect us to be very thorough with our explanations.
Patricia

Yes your right,student do expect us to be thoroug in your explanations. That is why it is very important that we know how and explore different method in which to teach student.

Sign In to comment