Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Ask a question from your peers to help you in your professional work. Seek different points of view on a topic that interests you. Start a thought-provoking conversation about a hot, current topic. Encourage your peers to join you in the discussion, and feel free to facilitate the discussion. As a community of educators, all members of the Career Ed Lounge are empowered to act as a discussion facilitator to help us all learn from each other.

Syllabus

How can one help to encourage students to see the importance of the syllabus and not regard it as just another class email?

How do you Learn?

Are you an auditory learner? Do you learn by doing? How has this formulated your teaching style?

ED104

You can ruin a students day by not smiling at him. 

All ambiguous behavior is interpreted as bad

Making test

What is your recommendation for online course best practice in making tests and quizzes?

Managing

Managing a well-organized classroom is the key to a successful and productive classroom.  Learning new and staying abreast of new technology is a vital key to maintaining and managing a successful classroom.

Covid...Stressing?

What are hte benefits to teaching virtual?

School and Classroom Discipline | Origin: ED113

Management Styles | Origin: ED113

Coping with Stress and Burnout

After dealing with Distance Learning haven't we felt more stress than normal.  I don't know about anyone else, but I am very happy to come across this training.  It was very enlightening to find out how to deal with the burnout from the workplace.  I know even before COVID I was beginning to feel some of this burnout. Mid year does anyone generally feel this way?  I am looking forward to trying one of the 21-day activities.  How does everyone else feel about the activities?  Are your going to try it, what about the breathing exercise? Have you done it… >>>

Types of management styles

This was a great course. It helps me to identify what type of management style I used in my classroom and I was very proud to have met the requirement of the most preferred styles. Excellent.......

Crisis Management | Origin: ED401

This is a general discussion forum for the following learning topic:

Crisis Management

Post what you've learned about this topic and how you intend to apply it. Feel free to post questions and comments too.

Coping with Stress and Burnout | Origin: ED400

Coping with Stress and Burnout

Post what you've learned about this topic and how you intend to apply it. Feel free to post questions and comments too.

The Road to Stress Free Living | Origin: ED110

Time and Stress Management for Instructors --> The Road to Stress Free Living 

What's Stressing You Out? | Origin: ED110

Time and Stress Management for Instructors --> What's Stressing You Out?

Making More Time for You | Origin: ED110

Time and Stress Management for Instructors --> Making More Time for You

Taking Control of Your Time | Origin: ED110

Time and Stress Management for Instructors --> Taking Control of Your Time

Common Instructor Mistakes | Origin: ED104

Class Management Strategies--> Common Instructor Mistakes

Managing Student Behavior | Origin: ED104

Class Management Strategies--> Managing Student Behavior

Dealing with Challenging Students | Origin: ED104

Class Management Strategies--> Dealing with Challenging Students

Setting the Stage for Success | Origin: ED104

Class Management Strategies--> Setting the Stage for Success