Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Take your dogs out for a run in the desret

The best test reliever is my quality time with my pets, running, playing, and jogging in the desert. It give me quality time with myself & my dogs, look at the sunset over the moutains, talk to myself & my dogs who wre the best confidants - what to talk about the fresh air the wonderful excercise. Kill two birds with one stone rather than run on the treadmill. When you run on the treadmill, all other chores are still waiting for you, like, walking the dogs. I find talking to other friends about your stress has leaks & you might face more ugly & stressful situations later for having spoken to someone something you shouldn't have spoken about. Pets are the best stress-relievers.

Pets are indeed some of the greatest confidants, as you mention. And I like your multitasking stress relief techniques.

I apologise for all the typos; I just saw them as I was reviewing the discussions. "Hurry makes curry", as they say.

Strong Suggestion: "Must Proofread", which I tell my students all the time. Here I go committing the same mistake under stress.

I agree.A great stress reliever is some time after work playing ball with my dog.

Indeed. Both interacting with animals and getting exercise are great stress reducers. Sounds like you have both in playing ball with your dog.

Everyone needs to have at least a half hour of time to themselves outside, even if it just a walk with a colleague.

Indeed. When we take a little time for ourselves, we are often in a better position to help others.

I agree, pets are terrific for relieving stress...They seem to take life a moment at a time.

yes excercise is the best stress buster- I take my dor to the park at night when it is quiet and play with a glow in the dark frisbee!

Wow, that sounds like a ton of fun for both you and the dog.

This is a great point, Melissa. There is something cathartic about selfless acts. They also provide good fodder for teaching.

Maintaining healthy relationships with friends can come in handy -- for relaxing conversation, help when needed and also for professional networking.

Yes, I remember how attentively my dog would listen when I needed to vent about a stressful experience. She always comforted me, never judged me for a lack of charity, and never breathed a word of my confidence to anyone else. Unfortunately, she's buried in the backyard now.

So I consider the merits of finding (and training) another dog, finding a good desert or park to take her to, and then getting my older hips and knees to cooperate.... Now I'm really feeling stressed!

Sign In to comment