Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

New Business Practices

I like Michal Anderson's suggestion of having a hammock at work. Haven't you heard of the latest practices in some businesses that allows the massagers to come and give you a back-rub for blood circulation. I think that may be more therapuetic & stress reliever for the repetitives tasks that some of us have to do sitting in front of the computers. It will have less carpel tunnel problems & less medical expense, and less absentism, too.

Great points Harinder! There are many kinds of alternative stress relief practices that workplaces are starting to adopt. Massage therapy is one, mid day organized exercise is another and allowing employees to bring their pets to the workplace is a third.

You might have heard that Google is considered amongst one of the best employers: It has laundry, dinning facitiles at work, along with baby-sitting, educational after-school programs, social clubs that you can join for certain kind of activities,traditional & non-traditional work area etc.etc.... Above all, there're no tradtitonal hours for work; it is flexible, so long as you get your project done within a certain time period. Where's a chance for stress to creep in? Why wouldn't anybody like to work for such an employer? Hello! Somebody, can you get me in?

I’m glad you mentioned Google. I hear they also have a van that picks you up from your house and offers wireless access during your commute to work. Google is a smart company in that they’ve incorporated several stress reducers into the workday.

google ways are too broad so i prefer yahoo

I think my management needs to educate itself about stress in the workplace. When people are happy there seems to be a lot more productivity. I'm all for having an in house massage provided at the work place... I just don't see that happening, though.

You make a good point Larry. When employees are happy and stress free, their work is often naturally higher quality. This benefits everyone.

Sign In to comment