Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Priortizing - immensely important

My experience in life has made me realize thatpriortizing tasks for teaching are the most effective way of saving my time for other relevant or regular things.

I would like to know if anything else has worked better for others.

I look over my tasks and see if there is anything that is repeated on daily, weekly or monthly bases that I can create a template for. An Example would be a class grading spreadsheet. I would create an Excel spreadsheet for a class listing all projects required, their due dates and a field for the grade. Once I have this set up I can use it over and over again each term with little to no modification.

Great point Nancy. Templates are so helpful. While they take some time to put together at the start, they definitely save time in the end.

I have found that really taking time to plan, design templates, spreadsheets, outlines and so forth are so benefitial in the long run. When I first became an Instructor I would get aggravated b/c of how much time it took to prepare and prioritize. The outcome would be rushing and leaving out important tasks. Now, I take my time and feel less stressed when I gie lectures.

Planning and preparation is indeed an investment that saves time and decreases stress in the long run.

Michelle, I too try to prioritize my tasks. I used to write them down but then changing them and crossing off what was accomplished became messy. So I switched to a word doc where I could just delete and add with ease. It is on my desktop so it is always accessible when I am working. I find this to be a really useful tool. Thanks

Tracy

Sign In to comment