Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Ask a question from your peers to help you in your professional work. Seek different points of view on a topic that interests you. Start a thought-provoking conversation about a hot, current topic. Encourage your peers to join you in the discussion, and feel free to facilitate the discussion. As a community of educators, all members of the Career Ed Lounge are empowered to act as a discussion facilitator to help us all learn from each other.

Other Stress-Related Issues | Origin: ED145

This is a general discussion forum for the following learning topic:

Stress Reduction and Management for Educators --> Other Stress-Related Issues

Post what you've learned about this topic and how you intend to apply it. Feel free to post questions and comments too.

Stress and Mindfulness | Origin: ED145

Stress Reduction and Management for Educators --> Stress and Mindfulness

Post what you've learned about this topic and how you intend to apply it. Feel free to post questions and comments too.

Stress and Emotional Resilience | Origin: ED145

Stress Reduction and Management for Educators --> Stress and Emotional Resilience

Stress and Physical/Mental Issues | Origin: ED145

Stress Reduction and Management for Educators --> Stress and Physical/Mental Issues

create specific deaadline

I have thought about this in the past, but realizing that I need to, buckle down more on the so called "problem student" and there de3adlines

New instructor

Don't worry about what if's

Managing Behavior

Set time frames for assignments

Teaching

Discuss participation

Teaching

Teamwork is great.

Stress

Learn to shut out completely

What stresses you out?

Sudden changes

Managing Time

Take time to relax

Stress management

Time management

Be a person, not a robot.

It's possible to be an effective educator that shows empathy and cares for students while also achieving learning outcomes. 

Student engagement

Student engagment is key to managing a class. This also includes extrcirricular activities such as guest speakers, team projects and classroom activities. 

class room management

Yes, students get out of controll no matter how well you manage, however woo-saw, take a quit deep breath, re-gain control swiftly and CALMLY. ED 113

Teaching styles

I was very intrested in the course module #1 very informative for me to use with my teaching straties, with another area for improvement of my delivery in the classroom, and what teaching style that i am in need of for improvement.

Mistakes

Mistakes can be pointed out by students or they can be recognized by the instructor. How can an instructor respond to a mistake that originated from students in a professional manner and not generate incivility, shaming, or hostility? 

Angry students

I would like to know if anyone can share an experience on handling angry students. The course material is great but when a student is getting on your last nerve it may not be easy to always comply as recommended.

Ambiguous behavior

How can a teacher recognize and correct personal ambiguous behavior?