Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Getting it out of your mind...

This list idea is so simple but I think it might be a solution for me. I'm so busy some times that I find myself trying to do too many things at one time and forgetting things. Other times when I do have a free moment I find myself walking around in a haze wondering "now what was it I was supposed to do?", and accomplishing little, or focusing on the wrong (least important) things on my imaginary list.
Now... where do I keep the to-do list where it will be handy? I don't have a "desk" and work in several areas of the building...

There are lots of handy places to keep a to do list. A simple place is on a piece of paper or small notepad in your pocket or work bag. A more technical place is on a data device like a mobile phone or blackberry. List portability is key for you in that you are working in several places in your building and do not have a desk.

In the past I have been bad about putting things off. I find that this intensifies the stress level of working. Since going through this course I have started to get things done instead of putting them off. This has helped reduce my stress level emmensely.

Great points Steven! Sometimes people fret over procrastinating tasks, and the procrastination itself can cause a tremendous amount of stress. Addressing tasks quickly mitigates this source of stress.

This is totally me. I feel like I go 900 miles an hour and forget what i,m doing. I find that writing my to do list on a 3x5 index card works great. I'ts small and can fit in my pocket or purse

That's great Christine! Portability is key!

I just looked up "To Do" list on my iApps on my phone! There are dozens! Now I plan to sort through and try one!

Sign In to comment