Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

I have young students the can't help themselfs to be on the phone. I layed out guildlines for the whole class, 3 x cought and the cell phone is in a basket on my desk. It helped for e while.

I learned something new, which is the use-it-wisely card. This sounds like an effective strategy for center stage student (CSS). I also think this will restrict the CSS from talking in class.

Knowing what students are likely to have the biggest problems paying attention is helpful. Being able to predict WHY they are having a hard time paying attention is even more helpful. I think this module did a great job teaching that you have to treat everyone fairly and equally, but that doesn't mean the "same". Different students have different needs. 

this module helped me to create strategies for inattentive students. very good information

I will be using the "use it widely" card, it will give students a chance to add their critical thinking on their questions and will get them to not ask as much "what's on the test" type of question.  Those are questions they can easily investigate in Calendar or syllabus.  I will also ask for student observers and switch roles from center stage to shy students.

There will always be the students that make you question your decision to become and educator, but at the end of the day these students can easily handeled by not providing opportunities to create disruption but moving the class at a pace that elimates these opportunities.

Great common sense strategies given in dealing with various "difficult" behaviors.

Using different methods to approach students or to "allow" them to speak appears very helpful for classroom management. 

I like the idea of giving cards to talkitive students to use as tickets to answer a question. 

This helps finding different ways to help approach your students who may be younger and having a hard time adjusting to school outside of High School. Also, helping keeping your quiet students involved and not overlooked by center-stage students. 

It is important to engage all students.  Students that are are ready to quit need extra attention and understanding.  Students that are unprepared would benefit from pop quizes.

I like the idea of using it wisely. I may try this sometime in my class.

I learned dfferents strategies to apply when I am working with my students. I am a new professor, but this course is very informative.

that when working with stedent who blame others fro their problems, i can help them to own the responsibility for comppleting assignments, projects, and activities. That working in groups; they can see the value of contributions from everyone, including themselves. 

I learned that having the center- stage student be the observer is a very clever concept. I think I would use this concept during my classes. 

This was very helpful information on how to handle the more challenging students.

There has been such a problem with students unfocused because they are on the phone.  There attention span is very short it makes me think that if my lecture was on a tik tock video they would pay more attention. 

Keeping everyone engaged and accountable for their behavior. 

I have definitely had inattentive students and students that just don't care. This module offered some unique strategies to counteract these students and get them involved in class again. It also expressed the importance of self-reflection to ensure taht my teaching strategies are not part of the problem.

How to work with various types of challenging students. 

Sign In to comment