Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

As I former elementary school teacher I liked how the need to encourage your students who may be struggling, inattentive, and disengaged can go a long way in building a relationship.

Really helpful, great tips.

I find the center stage students often excel as mentors to the less talkative students. Center stage students often flourish as peer tutors. 

I think utilizing the tools of the "observer" and the "use it wisely cards" will help make the class flow smoothly and involve more of the students. 

The idea of center stage students and strategies to manage them was very interesting to me. Allowing them the opportunity to be observers is a great strategy that keeps them engaged but allows others to speak. 

This was very helpful and applicable with the challenging students. I have experienced several of these situations/students and this information is going to be really helpful to implement. 

Use their energy for the class

I appreciated the idea of the 5 colored cards in class. 

I learned that I need to know the personalities of my students and do a little bit of "crowd control" so that all of my students are involved equally and in a way that is beneficial to them.

I really like the group concept, and will be trying this next class. 

I have learned that it is easier to call on those who seek to be the center of attention but include all students in the discussions and activities. 

Great information, I will be able to really apply what was covered in this section to my classes. Thanks for sharing.

I learned about how to deal with inattentive students. I learned that younger student usually struggle the most with paying attention. I learned you can observe your students as well to assess for better ways to engage the students. If they are struggling to pay attention, may have to change up the style of teaching.

It is important to remain constant with all students. 

I find that the longer I teach the better I am at correcting the issues with inattentive students. There were so very good ideas in the presentation.

Inattentive students can be disruptive to the whole class,  I like the idea of the seating chart where instead of allowing them to be in the back they are front and center, also the strategies discussed regarding accountability are very helpful

This is something I struggle with. I have students that I meet with individually to ask about their attention span in class, The ones who take responsibility for themselves tend to have better outcomes. There is always a student who blames everyone else for their shortcomings. These students are hard to get through to, but I do give them encouragement and try to figure out a way to get to a common ground with them about class participation. 

Good information

Keep students engaged

Be sure to have the students understand their difficulties and you explain to them their shortcomings in professional manner.

Sign In to comment