Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Workload management requires one to stay on task. Don't let email etc interfer with your scheduled work. Let the LMS do as much work for you automatically. Keep refining your course aftewr each term.

We need to implement an LMS system and hold students accountable with goals. 

It is important to know what support is available to assess what time management strategies may need to be employed. 

I know that not every project is one that all students enjoy so when I can, I try and allow for a lot of freedom in the projects. It tends to foster more creativity and interest. For instance, if they were to design a webpage, I would list the basic requirements for the page (how many pages, CSS rules, etc.) and then let them design a (school appropriate) site. 

As the CNT instructor I often am the first contact when it comes to support, not only for my class but my school, and that can and does add to my workload.

It is important to have good organizational skills. Also, it is important to carefully design activities and projects to keep the student engaged. Online instructors should have space set aside, just like students, for work. Distractions are just as bad for instructors.

Strategies for time management and information management

THe instructor must make time to manage and provide teaching to the student by setting up a time schedule and stick to it. This information is important to a instructor new to this class room setting. 

Instructors need to keep

components within their online learning environment:

• Expectations
  • Activity
  • Cooperation
  • Interaction
  • Diversity
  • Responsibility

Orginization is important for setting goals and time management.

It is important to learn what supports are available for instructors through their peers, institution, etc. I plan to use a FAQ page on my courses to avoid email overload.

Workload management skills are not only necessary for the instructor of the course but for all students within the course. It is important for the instructor to mentor these skills to their students. 

work load management is best

As an online instructor, it is important to manage your workload. The time in which an online instructor has to complete their workload varies. Some courses may take longer than others to prepare, more technology, design and development. A few strategies that could help you be more effective managing your workload is as follows:

1. Prepare the course;
  2. Establish a teaching and social presence;
  3. Maintain policies and procedures;
  4. Engage students;
  5. Asses students; and
  6. Revise the course as needed.

I realized the importance of a mentor. Someone to learn from and to help you along the way. Someone to help with manage your workload so that you have a balance in life and work.

Better ways to make sure the students recieve the information provided via online. Time management skills.

I learned a lot from this module.  I am going to begin to use the discussion boards in order to decrease information overload

I will definitely be utilizing the Discussion Forums more for FAQ's to lower information overload

I learned that proper time management requires good organization of the material to be presented.  Also that when you are developing your on line course you need the proper environment so that your time management will be most effective.

Workload is affected by several factors such as course content, the learning platform used, insrtuctors tech skills, length of the course and teaching ability. Developing strategies can help reduce workload to free up time for studet support and contact.

Sign In to comment