Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

To create an effective work schedule, should schedule a time for checking email, grading papers, providing feedback, and discussion boards. Organization is key to managing the workload of an online class. 

Workload managment is very important. Instructors in an online environment should evaluate their expected workloads ahead of time and come up with ways to distribute, eliminate or enhance various aspects of the workload. Managing the workload will carry over into an instructor's time managment and help there as well.

Being well organized and managing your time is essential to the succes of your courses, prioritizing and setting goals is also important but managing your time accordingly is the most important.

Without knowing the types of support that may be provided to the online instructor, it is difficult to determine what workload management strategies are needed. Ascertaining the extent of the support available is one of the first steps in that determination.

It helps setting up office hours so you're not constantly spending time responding to emails. 

Once procedures for handling emails, submitted work and lesson plans are put in place, the process become much easier and less time consuming.

Student and techer must be organized in order for online learning to work.

This module has shown me that the online environment should be student centered and promote active, collaborative and problem-based learning.  Successful teaching online occurs when student is engaged and active with learning.  As I prepare to teach online, I am looking forward to becoming a good prpject manager and enhancing students time management skills.  

It is important for both the teacher and the student to be organized in order for the learning process to be successful. 

Announcements within the LMS will be more streamlined than e-mailing everyone. E-mails are really important for making one on one contact, but announcements to everyone in LMS will save time by reducing responses from students. Having the course syllabus established helps spread out the big projects and lets you be sure you sprinkle in enough smaller activities, while still having time to grade the bigger projects. 

Organization skills impact the effectiveness of the online course both on the student and instructor side.  I definitely need to take a look at my current system to ensure they are no other avenues of orgaizational opportunity I haven't taken advantage of.

Having a mentor is a great idea for both teacher and students.  This will help with the workload management by having someone to guide and support you as you work through the problems or certain technical situations.

I learned that I nede to have my school technical support to be able to log into my remote site for technical issues that I might have. Also, in theory it sounds good to have students help students with technical issues, but I would rather create a link for student technical issue in the LMS. I am not really sure how to set up a filter for emails to drop into a seperate class folder. However, I found that TEAMS LMS can do this with in the LMS btter than email.

Starting off with good workload management is almost identical to the design process, both are set up to solve or prevent problems or waste.

Organization and work/time management are important to creating a good course. 

It is important for both teachers and students to have good time management skills while participating in online classes.  Teachers should watch for procrastinators early in the class & reach out to them so they know you are monitoring your work.  Keeping time management schedules, limiting the workload within a specific time period and great organizational skills will make online teaching more effective.

Facilitating an online learning enviornment can be very taxing and time consuming if you are unorganized. It is important to stay focused, be organized and set a schedule to manage the workload.

Prioritization, one of the main concepts and the key to time management. 

It is best to stay organized and prioritize your tasks in order to stay on track of your duties and complete things on time. 

Being organized and dedicating specific times for certain tasks will lead to better time management.

Sign In to comment