Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

I learned that it is very important to promote time management values and increased organization skills. Staying focused is the key to success.

I've learned that is important to have great organizational skills, not only for management and instructors, but for the overall teaching and learning of students.

Time and work load mgt are a must.  Going to implement a schedule.  

Time management and scheduling is a must. 

Organization is a very important part of online teaching and learning.

Workload managment and organizational skills are extremely important. I really like the FAQ page I think that would really help students.

I learned its important to know the online tecnical supports for both students and instructors.

Time managment is the tree from which the fruit of workload managment grows. Time managment skills have taught me to properly distribute my workload throughout my day. A proper understanding of the LMS('s) used is also crucial to properly running my clasroom. I learned that creating a hierarchy of tech-support will also streamline my work-process. 

Delivering instruction is only a small part of online instruction.  Time management is critical in the online classroom.  I worry about not spending enough time with each class when I probably spend too much time .  I like the idea of having a FATQ for technology questions, as students tend to come to their professors before they try to analyze a technology problem themselves or go to the college IT professionals.  I think the FATQ would save me a great deal of time!

Maintaining organization will assist in workload management. Also separating space, keeping teaching and instructional workspace separate from other space in order to maintain focus.

I had not thought about how much management and organization were essential in teaching. I also liked the focus on how diverse online teacher schedules may be and how many individual factors go into making up a good schedule.

Nancy Tosh

It is easy to get bogged down in answering student emails with online learning. That is why it is very imporant to make sure that the online course is comprrehensive in its instructions and designed well. 

Part of good time management skills involves understanding what resources are available, including mentoring and technical support.

Workload management can be a heavy load. Remembering to use your peers as support and for guidance when needed is key. Know your resources and use them when needed. 

Organization and avoiding distractions seems to be key. Does anyone else find that having a "busy" computer screen or multiple locations for information, etc distracting? To me, having a multitude of links and menus is NOT organized and in itself is distracting. 

This has made me think a lot about my workload and how to improve my communication through utilizing frequently asked questions/answers. I feel like I spend  a lot of time trying to assist students with technology based questions about assignment submissions etc. I am not strong in technology skills so this is time consuming on my end.

Workload management is extremely important. There is a unique relationship between job demands, intellectual demands and job satisfaction. Workload management is a strategic approach to planning, estimating, and tracking the work that enables to balance workload demands.

Time management is important for online instructors.

It is important for instructors to have mentors and support. Instructors need to have a schedule that they stick to or they could get overwhelmed.

Stay organized, manage your time, and back up your work. 

Sign In to comment