Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

There must be a symbiotic relationship between instructor workload and student learning in order to be successful

I took away an idea for having a discussion board so that students could help each other troubleshoot issues that arise.  Hopefully, that will cut down on the number of emails I get at the beginning of the course.  

Time management is a critical component of successful online instruction

I have noticed that when I tell students (who are currently not my students) that I have taught the course they are taking, they are more keen to coming to tutoring and getting additional support in the coursework. 

Organization is key when staying on top of your workload for online courses.

A control of Time Management and not get sidetracked.

Comment on Courtland Grimm's post

Learned the importance of setting scheduled time for activities 

I felt guilty when I "locked in" at work and didn't answer the phone. Now I know that it is a management tool. It is also important that your team also learn to organize their time

Teaching online means establishing a time schedule and following good practices with time management. 

While workloads can vary from course to course, week to week, day to day - organization, time management, and realistic expectations for self (and students) are essential. 

It is important to have proper organization when delivering material in an online course. The student should feel comfortable navigating through the online portal system in order to find homework assignments, quizzes/exams, and reading content. This helps to reduce anxiety and stress for the student, and allows for a smoother teaching experience for the instructor.

That workload always maintain organization and having a heavy workload you should be focused in  setting priorities and remaining on task.

The Frequently Asked Questions forum sounds like a good way to address questions that continually come up, while reducing the amount of time needed to respond to each student asking a similar question.  FATQ also applies.

Instructor and technology support are key to a successful online class.

I will use many of the strategies described to help myself and my instructors improve on our time management skills.

To be an effective workload manager you have to be efficient with your time and focused on your goals.

Time management is key. 

In my experience with teaching online courses, it is necessary to have excellent time management skills to allocate adequate amounts of time for online work.  I feel that teaching online is more time consuming than teaching a face-to-face course, because of the extra time it takes to communicate with the students or to guide students that are not comfortable with the online environment and technology. 

I agree with what I read in that " Therefore, the role of online instructor will include offline tasks as well as online tasks." and if you are organized, you can stick to the task at hand because it is very easy to get distracted and take longer than expected.

I find being organized and utilizing a to-do checklist helps me to stay on task with my online courses.

Management of the workload and staying focused.

I used a tip from the content and invited my students to share experiences with technical issues that have been resolved in the course's ongoing discussion board.

Sign In to comment