Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Setting up auto-replies (for receipt of assignments) could save the instructor valuable time, especially if it's a large class. This also puts the student at ease and encourages good communication. 

After significant emphasis on a personal connection, timely response and grading, and regular communication this course begins to address the kind of organization that makes those efforts possible. Unless an instructor wants their one, part-time, online class to eat up 40 hours of their workweek, then organization, and creating systems is a must. 

This module is extremely important for persons directly associated with the leadership and management of online course development, and instructional policy and procedures. It serves as a foundation for policy development and time management for instructors delivering online courses as it provides insight into course preparation, establishing a course presence, engages students, utilizes emails, discussion threads, online chats, and time management which leads to structure, and the timely delivery of information. 

Madeline

To successfully manage your class you have to be well organized.

Avoiding disruptions while dedicating time for certain tasks, and knowing what tasks take how much time, will help me stay more organized.

Work to your schedule. Be a good project manager to be a good online teacher. Eliminate Distractions.

Workload Managment Stategies (WLMS) are different for the LMS for the type class. Storage of information needs to be organized to make sure technology, curriculum, and discussion are fluid between Students and Instructors (S2S), (I2S), and (S2I). Online Instructors need to keep control over Structure, Processing, and Delivering information. As time and experiences increase in the Online formats information can be stored and reused making time managmenet better for both Students and Instructor.

It is important for both the student and instructor to be organized and prepared.

Learning how to better manage my workload so that I can become more efficient in my online teaching. Workload managment systems is necessary for good teaching strategy's and to develop a good online teaching environment. 

Being a course supervisor is a plateful right off the bat but some students need that extra lifeline to complete assignments and I'm more than willing to assist with a FAQ or an e-mail they just have to realize it might not be a rapid response because I want them to be qualified at the end of the course and be real satisfied with the learning experience

Time management is imperative for any individual in a teaching environment.

Organizational tools are beneficial to keeping one organized.

The Managent technology provides on line assistance in a methodical way

You must stay focused and on task to be successful with your online teaching. Technology support and mentoring systems allow for a more interactive way to provide human contact. 

Management skills are crucial for successful online teaching. These include time management skills, information management skills, and managing technical support. Time management skills are necessary to prioritize and accomplish tasks. Information management systems involve providing good information, knowledge, and data. Tech support must be provided for both instructors and students. A FAQ or a FATQ site in the course may be very helpful.

WOrkload strategies are very important for teaching online. These include time management skills to prioritize and accomplsih tasks, information management skills which enable the instructure to have control over the stucture, processing, and delivery of information, and technical support for both instructors and students. A FAQ or FATQ site in the course may be helpful for support.

Organization is the key to success in everything you do

Teaching time management is so important to benefit a student and help them succeed, espeically if they are a first time student taking an online course. If they lack time managment and the skills to break down their course work iin a time line they will become overwhelmed and want to quit.

Do any of you know of online instructors who've shared their WLMS somewhere online?

As for any new teacher/instructor, mentorship is very important and having support in the beginning helps with personal and professional growth.

Sign In to comment