Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Organization is critical to course management. Like when you have student groups taking the course from multiple location. Example would be having a mix of civilian students and military students. Hard to manage the military schedule/deployments and try to keep them in the timeline for a course

A successful online learning experience starts with the instructor. An online instructor who manages both synchronous and asynchronous learning environments must have a high level of organization and access to any additional support that may be needed. 

Time management is key for both the student and the instructor. Utilizing a technology system that once an assignment is submitted the system will turn off notifications. 

Instructors must understand their priorities and stay on task by organizing the course and the workload efficiently and practicing time management by sticking to an organizational plan and working in a space that is free of distractions. Also, students should be made aware of course expectations and approximate times needed to accomplish tasks.

I will organize my time more wisely by following some of the suggestions provided in this lesson. I particularly need to allot the proper time needed for assessing students' work.

The concept of workload management is crucial to instructor success. I appreciate the idea of starting FAQ and FATQ discussion boards so students can ask peers questions about how to access course materials, etc. before they contact me. This will no doubt save me a lot of time usually spent answering often-repetitive inquiries about basic course navigation and performance, which can be easily answered by another student. 

I look forward to learning more.

I look forward to learning more about this subject.

Workload strategies are important in teaching an online course, in order to avoid getting overwhelmed and staying on track.  

Time management is important for online instruction. Setting up a dedicated place to work avoids distractions and motivates to stay focused and organized.

Focus and be organized in order to accomplish tasks in a timely manner

Sign In to comment