Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

I learned that it helps to streamline tasks, workload, and emails. It also helps when the online instructor prioritizes tasks for their students. 

It's important to create, and stick to a schedule. Time management is crucial for online instructors, and must also be encouraged to the students. Many time wasters occur because of students' lack of time management. 

Prioritization and organization should be top priority for instructors. Being able to provide prompt feedback and working without distractions will ensure students get adequate learning. 

Workload management is very important stages of developing an online course but especially when initially developing the learning environment.  Considerations include time management, LMS support and technical support.  Resources can come from personal experience, colleagues and the insitution.  A well-designed learning environment helps make the online class sucessful.

The instructor and students need to be organized and have technology support to successful in an online environment. 

Due to the amount of factors that can increase workload for an online course teacher, a WLMS is crucial.  A well rounded WLMS should include utilizing technology, applying teaching techniques as appropriate, facilitation of learning, ensuring the quality of the course, and implementing ethicality into the learning environment.

organization is key to be successful

You have to be organized. Set a schedule. Set certain times for working on and completing certain tasks. Turn your notifications off. That way you can go to tasks on your time instead of them coming to you.

Instructor support to avoid overload is imperative.

Workload management is very important for the student and the instructor. There are several components that must be thought about inorder to properly expidit instruction. The instructor must be able to analyze, communicate, collaborate and cooperate with team members and manage time. 

I had not considered the idea that "helping students understand the time management process in turn helps the online instructor."  This occurs by allowing the instructor to focus more on helping students with result of learning versus the process of learning.

I would say that the bottom line for all of this is continuing education for the instructor. Stay abreast of all the updated technology so that it will work for you, instead of hinder you.

In assessing and prioritizing a situation to determine how you are going to manage your time, there are clearly a lot of unknowns for the first time onlilne teacher, particularly if they are going to be expected to create, test and provide technical support for content they created and then administer the class as well, versus an online teacher that is only administering an established course or program and not having to do all of those additional tasks up front to establish and create the class, the content, etc. I'm sure a lot of online teacher workload depends on how deep an organization's pockets are, and how much they can reasonably (or unreasonably) expect from online teachers in today's national education environment. Since many high schools and colleges only offer non-tenure positions on a contract basis (no job security, no medical benefits, no paid sick time, good odds that they are not going to be renewed, etc.) the question really becomes how much daily / weekly time and effort is someone willing to do in order to get (and keep) a teaching job? If the workload expectation from management is completely unreasonable, no amount of time management is going to save you.

I learned how critical time management skilss are for both students and instructors in the on line environment.  Instructors also have to provide some time management guidelines and assistance to the students.  Also tech support will be critical for me as a beginning online instructor in order for me to design and teach my course effectively and support my students.

You must know the type of support present

The overview of workload management strategies for an online environment; provided in module 1 will allow me to focus more on organizing, delivering the content and also have more time for grading and feedback the students.

The online learning environment should bedesigned with a strong sense of sharedpurposes, policies and procedures, and acontinuous examination of how well thepurposes are being achieved. The sharedpurposes should relate to the learningoutcomes.

The WLMS is very important to Instructore and students who are not technicalogical savy. It can be used in many ways. I like the fact that it can help the instructor  to be able to pioritize and organize, especially if the instructor and the student is not tech. savy and finally I like the support system that it provides.

Organizationa and the management of work load are key componets to online instruction. It is important to be organized and to manage your time and responsibilies.

WLMS is very important in organizing and delivering important content to your class during online teaching. It provide structure and the ability to provide essential element to a successful classroom.

Sign In to comment