Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Developing a rapport with my students is an important factor in my classroom setting.  Having the ability to build that professional instructor-student relationship lets them know you are approachable and therefore will be more open to reach out when they are having difficulty in understanding concepts.  Responding or being available to answer questions or reinforce a concept they did not quite grasp also lets students know you are invested in their success.  Being open to students participation in class through acknowledgment and giving constructive feedback will allow students to feel safe to contribute on other topics as well other other students in the classroom setting.

How to refocus once it becomes routine.

crisis situation case discussion in content delivery and have an element of suprise to keep the student interested.

Refocus is a tool I can start to use to improve my teaching.

I like to bring up a question that involves hobbies or entertainment venues that somehow relate to our subject matter, even if a very vague relation to our subject. This shift activates the students intrest and thinking. it often awakens the whole class to offer input and their experiences. i can then show the relationship to our current subject and reengage the class to continue the lesson. This redirection helps deture bordom and stimulate class involvment.

I think the idea about REFOCUS is a big reminder for all teacher about midway through the quarter. This helps us and our students to meet there goals.

Recapturing enthusiasm should be ongoing. Revisit my and the students why they chose the carrier field; how can we achieve our goals together; when and what type of story can be told to further recognize accomplishments.

I enjoyed this section because I have been forcusing so much on the student that I forgot I might get burnt out too. these keys to Enthusiasm and motivating myself are refreshing thoughts to my soul.  

The respect of the student and their willing to learn is was well presented

Keep students focussed to the learning objectives. and know the student's reasons behind career commitment.

Building student rapport is important to engage with students. Instructors should be mindful of how and when to engage students to prevent off-task behaviors within the class setting. 

Engage students, by taking into account their attention spans, for optimal learning outcomes

It's important to build a good rapport with your students. If they trust you they will be willing to open up to you and engage more in the classroom. Learning their names, being supportive and treating them with respect plays an big part in building a rapport.

It is important to bring personal experiences into the learning experience as it can help connect with students more and have them share some of their own. 

Enjoyed this section! Keeping students engaged can sometimes be challenging, thats why it's so important to add variety of different assingments. I liked the REFOCUS tool

i Like the Idea of the midterm evaluation of the course and see how th pulse of the class is.

REFOCUS: Recognize, Empower, Focus, Objectivize, Commit, Unburden, Surprise: A strategy to combat the mid-course slump where students and teachers lose interest, lose focus on the course.

I plan to show better enthusiasm towards the course materials. I will include strategies to bypass the mid-course blues to help with student focus and retention. 

it is important to change up the learning environment, games, group think, lecture etc. 

Using story telling to incorporate real life learning into the classroom is a good way to break up leactures and keep students focused.

Sign In to comment