Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

By using interesting surprises during lecture, I am able to keep the attention of the students and keep them focused on the topic.  Asking them questions throughout the lecture allows me to "wake them up" if they are not followoing along.

Asothers had mentioned the REFOCUS factor. I wasn"t aware of the concept. I tend to use it!

This module reminded me to stay motivated and focus so that students can remain engaged in their learning.

Remind the students on class assignment achievements and encourage successful completion of assignments. Students are concerned with how well they are doing and need to hear from an instructor about where they stand with their grades. This is an opportunity for change for students to work smarter on the second part of the class.

Keep learning engaging by telling stories and creating learning situations that captivate and engage the students.

I love the part about expressing genuine interest and enthusiasm in your subject material. The "energy" in the room first flows from the instructor. If it is lacking, the students will cue in on this and adopt a similar mentality. The students cannot care more about your content than you do!

Cheers,

Chance

Reaching all students including those who may have difficulties or are difficult is a good sign of engagement.

Help students develop into successful learns by identifying the reason they enrolled in the class. Build a rapport with students.

I learned the importance of REFOCUS

I think the refocus tool might be helpful for many instructors, myself included. It is easy to lose the excitment and appeal of the course halfway through, but finding ways to keep it exciting can motivate myself and my students. 

I love the REFOCUS tool! Will definitely implement

The need to understand difficult students is important. 

I really like the idea of REFOCUS

This module was a great reminder about how to REFOCUS about half way through the term and gave some practical examples of how to do this and involve the students in the process.

Confidence, enthusiam and keeping my my attaention on my sutudents is very imperative.

The importance of motivation and enthusiasm and how it applies to learning for adults

Planning is key!  You don't have to be an expert...just be willing to organize, strategized and be flexible.  More importantly believe in the work/process of assisting students in their acheiveing their career goals.

as an intructor you must continuously find ways to draw students in and engage them in the learning process. I thought the idea of shaking things up occassionally to re-energize the class was valuable.

This module reminds me that each student is different from another due to age, job experience and how they view education. IT is important to kee them engange to spark interest in the sybject and always give varety  of teaching approach to ignite interest and help refocus. 

This module opened my eyes to the emotional component of learning.

I will always remember that I was a student once, and to always try to put myself in their shoes.

REFOCUS!

Sign In to comment