Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

motivation is important, creating a mid course eval is a good tool to show students what they have learned

I learn different way to keep the students focus and draw them into the class interaction.

mid term assesments help the students stay engaged and can help boost their confidence when they start listing off and recognizing what has been learned up to this point. Recharging sounds like an excellent idea and boost for confidence

Adding variety to the instructional environment is important and at times, challenging but rewarding.  Students need variety to keep them involved and interested in a course, but they also should be there for their own learning at the same time.  Not every day can be an exciting and amazing lesson!

As instructors, we have the responsibiloity of developing relationships with students and the responsibility of staying engaged and excited about learning throughout the course. 

I need to rejuvinate my lesson plan in order to peak the student's interest again.

This is a good remonder that you can refocus the students by having them realize their growth in order to motivate them in the later parts of the course.

The midterm slump is a very real problem. There are strategies to check the pulse of the class and refocus them on the materials at hand. Determine where students are at, show them how far they have come, and shake up the lecture style to assist students in remembering their original enthusiasm for the class.

Reply to Jacob Pope's post: Same. It seems like a good tool for the mid semester shlump. 

good module

The most important part I learned is the rapport we as instructors must create with our students. It is important that the student sees us as someone who they trust, who they can talk to.

I really liked the idea of storytelling and the crisis event to break up the content and also allow for a glimpse of the real world while keeping the students engaged. Self-check points for both the instructor and the student (mid-way assessments) allow for the opportunity to improve or triage. This was a great module! 

Focus on the students. Know why they are enrolled in the course. Adult learners have an attention span of 10-15 minutes. Make lessons engaging by altering lecture and activities.

I enjoyed the REFOCUS tool as a way to get out of the slumps both instructors, students experience now and then.

I have learned from this module that as an instructor you need ti be relatable and engaging with your students. All students must be active in their learning rather it be formal or informal. Instructors need to enthused about the course and its objectives

I liked and learned tips from the inclusion of Refocusing for the class when there is a slump . 

Keep the students interested in the class by breaking up the instructional content is key for students success.

REFOCUS

Vary your approach to material during the class.

Help students set attainable goals and building rapport are great retention factors.

Sign In to comment