Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

I found the lectures portion of this instruction very helpful. I will adjust some of my course's expository and interactive lectures to problem-solving and case study lecture formats to increase class participation and get away from power point slides. 

Practice your demo prior to class, be adaptive,  roam class and assist during labs.

Variety  is  key  and of course being attentive to individuals

There are various resources and methods in which to deliver course content. When using small lectures, try to limit the lectures to10-15 minutes and use only 5-7 parts. It easier for the retention of information .

vary your teaching/lecturing for a variety of learning styles

I teach multivariable equation solving with 3 different methods at once, it really keeps you on your toes. 

Always question your assumptions, and give students the ability to learn something about themselves

Taking notes and recording lectures are great ways to improve effective communication toward students. Check with each student on their progress.

The main point is to be prepared to lecture. Review the material, practice the labs before you demonstrate them.  Encourage your students and provide positive feedback.

A varied delivery method and approaches to learning will help students gain a great knowledge base!

Use different teaching styles to ensure all learners receive quality lessons. 

Very informative and instructive

"Be creative, be competent, and be personable and as a result you will be rewarded with student learning that is reflective of the effort you put forth in class preparation."

I like to include different methods to help the students remember. Lecture, Power Points, Hands on demonstrations and learning which show results and help retain learned materials.

It is important to keep lectures in 10-15 increments so as not to lose or bore your students. We all have a limited attention span!

Delivering course content should involve a variety of learning methods.  Presentations should be limited to 10-15 minutes per idea.  Engaging with students and keeping the class interesting should be a primary goal to ensure students gain the knowledge being presented.

How to produce effective lecture and demostration to student.

Variety is the spice of life, and essential when teaching students in the classroom. 

Varying lecture times and delivery is useful. Gauging students' attention and focus have to be constantly monitored. 

To keep lectures in blocks of 15 minutes due to adult attention span. 

Sign In to comment