Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Preperaption is key. 

I learned that the foundation of keeping students interested and engaged in learning is built on the teacher's creativity, competency, and personality.

making sure tthat your lectures have enough information 

I want to develop different teaching style so  i can reach all my student 

So all teaching content is about is pedagogical meaning there is possiblity of changing your mind and ultimately to learn about yourself. Lecure methods are expository interactiveproblmes solving case study and  combination Best to give 3 by 5 cards for questions.  It is important you prepare for your lecture  and  start with a procative question.

making sure that there is a good lesson plan and that they understand 

When student learn, they

1) learn new content

2) question their assumptions and either accept them or reject them to create new ideas

3) learn something about themselves and are then motivated to learn more

I am inspired to create a learning environment that develops reflection from the student of their learning.

No matter how many times you have performed a procedure/demonstration, always practice beforehand to find the best ways to teach students.

It is important to try different teaching methods so that the students with different learning styles can benefit

ensure you teavh in different styles throuighout the course. 

To have insight on different learning styles and keeping up to date with new technology

Having a road map or guide to the class will help alleviate any nervous energy about how we might be feeling that first day. Having a refernce sheet with our important topics on it will allow us to maintain a speed and delivery option that is beneficial to our students. 

I learned that you should arrive to class early to prevent a cold start to class. This will help to better engage your students.

I like the 15-20 minute blocks of mini-lectures. This should help keep the attention of students. The same with using a variety of teaching methods. 

To be an effective instructor, one must be ab;e to use various teachimg methods and provide learning in a way that is intersting to the students.

Preparation is essential to improving your ability to clearly deliver. Employ multiple learning strategies so that individuals can learn based on their preference. Break up the material with interactive and communal activities that foster productive exchange between students. Learning from one another is a critical aspect of many fields and beginning that collaboration in the classroom will help significantly long-term.  

In the chapter I learned that we should strive to use different lecture formats as well as using training aids to teach all typesof learning styles.

I've learned that it is good to vary your teaching techniques and styles and that it is ok to change you teaching plans over the semeseter/time of class. 

I need to look a little deeper into the different learning styles in order to match the name with the technique, but I honestly think the things that were descibed were in my orginal plans. I hope I can keep this resorce to review throught my career.

Your lesson plan is a guide to be followed not a step by step ridgid plan.

Sign In to comment