Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Don't have a cold start to the class.  Also incorporate a variety of learning methods.  Ones ability to pay attention is limited.

Understanding the learning styles of the student will be helpful.  It is important to lecture so all learning styles will be caught.

This will take a lot more prep and work than I could have imagined. This course has been positively eye opening in such a comprehensive and logical way.

Try to use a variety of delivery methods to engage all students. Keeping them motivated to learn and enjoy the process. 

positive comments are the more effective

The course need to be relevant and find different ways for the students to remember what they are learning. 

Keeping in mind that students learn in different ways, incorporate different styles of teaching including lecture, games, videos, charts, trivia, pictures.

vary your teaching styles and learn to adapt to those you are not always familiar with teaching

An instructor needs to implement different learning styles in thier demonstrations.

Having successful students who finish early demonstrate for another student reinforces their learning.

I need to break lectures up into 10-15 minute mini lectures and touch on the different methods of instruction to assist in learning

How important it is to vary your lecture/demonstration so that students can effectively learn- we all know everyone learns differently. We have to find common ground for them to learn!

Create a lesson plan that will include various learning styles and review at the end of class to ensure the students understood the content presented. 

Will be limiting processing to 5 or 7 steps or less. To make it easier to remember for the students.

The more variety to the teaching, the better. It keeps the students engaged. Students can only retain 5-7 steps in a skill technique demonstration and practice. Do not read word-for-word off your powerpoint. Instead have a prepared lecture through a lecture plan with an outline or at least cues to not leaveout key points but keep the lecture or teaching engaging.

I like the idea of practicing demonstration before classes

I learned to notice how every student learns differently and may need a little more instruction or in a different manner

Delivering the information is critical. Simplifying is key. 

Figuring each individuals learning curve, and to configure a way to reach the class as a whole.

Being knowledgeable in your course content and being prepared to deliver them successfully is very important.

Sign In to comment