Motivation

What is the best method to motivate... >>>

Pygmalion method

What would be the best way to Pygmalion... >>>

Group Work

What would be the best way to incorporate group work into a... >>>

This was an excellent lesson and I learned a lot! Now I want to know more about teaching high functioning young adult learners, motivated to learn.

I would like to build on what I've learned here. I will be teaching intellectually gifted students who come to us with a high level of motivation to learn.  My desire is to inspire them and not... >>>

Group Work

I see that the recommended number of people to a group is 6 to 8.  What if you have a really small group of students for the class?  In one of my classes, there are only 6 students. Does it... >>>

Best Practices and Tips for Questioning in the Classroom | Origin: ED114

This is a general discussion forum for the following learning topic: Best Practices and Tips for Questioning in the Classroom --> Questioning in the Classroom Post what you've learned about this... >>>

Types of Questions to Ask in the Classroom | Origin: ED114

This is a general discussion forum for the following learning topic: Types of Questions to Ask in the Classroom --> Questioning in the Classroom Post what you've learned about this topic and how... >>>

Discussion

Good istructional material that I can apply to the claasroom... >>>

Gestering

Apart from nervous movement can gestering become a... >>>

Review as pretest

Why can't review if properly done be an evaluation or a... >>>

Teaching to the Test

I worry that the result of testing can lead to teaching to the test. How would you avoid that? One way is to vary the types of questions. There again, it is possible to try and find ways to figure out... >>>

Learning strategies

How to be more efffective in teaching and motivate students... >>>

Questions in Discussion

I find that tone is important in asking questions. If a student feels intimidated by a perceived tone of the instructor, you may not get the participation you want. I guess, this is where rapport is... >>>

Learning Chains

Is there a difference between scaffolding and learning... >>>

Discussion Board grading

My institution has added on-line instruction with the inclusion of discussion boards. I am struggling as to how to be fair in grade the responses. There are requirements as to answer the questions... >>>

Implementing Active Learning | Origin: ED111R

This is a general discussion forum for the following learning topic: Active Learning Methods --> Implementing Active Learning Post what you've learned about this topic and how you intend to... >>>

Planning for Active Learning | Origin: ED111R

This is a general discussion forum for the following learning topic: Active Learning Methods --> Planning for Active Learning Post what you've learned about this topic and how you intend to... >>>

Beginning of the course

Staring the course and will comment upon... >>>

First lesson

Great reinforcement on the day to day running of the class and teaching... >>>