Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

To incorporate different methods of instructions, is important accommodate different learning styles 

I will ensure to vary the delivery of learning.  The class may have different learning styles and it is important to vary my teaching method to be able to reach as many learning styles as possible.  

People have short attention spans

Keep you students engaged, keep lectures in short sections and ask questions to gage your effectiveness.

My teaching style needs to vary so that different types of learners can understand my content. I need to make the presentation somewhat fun and able to grab the students attention so they don't lose interest. I must be sure to practice any demos or activities prior to the class so that I am prepared in competent. 

I need to do my best to keep the various learning styles in mind when crafting lesson plans. No matter how long you have been teaching, each batch of students will be different, so it is like starting over again. What worked for last class may not work for the current one. Which brings up the idea of debriefing the class to see where they stand on comfort and knowledge after each course. 

I need to know my lesson plans frontwards, backwards, and sideways so that I can give effective feedback and exercises to students

Be prepared, provide examples and demonstrations and incorporate different teaching styles. 

Having a variety of instruction methods is key to reaching each student at their level.

Lecture needs to be planned well, and delivered in different learning styles to keep students engaged and interested in learning the subject content.

This course outlines an excellent information for new instructors. 

The importance of preparing lecture notes.

It is the purpose of each course to equip students with a set of skills they need to further their preparation for professional service. Teachers play a vital role in this process as role models and directors of the education. It is important that careful preparation is made for the delivery of the content while making the process fun and interesting to hold students' attention.

I learned that a variety of presentation methods will yield better outcomes. One approach I plan to use is grouping students in small groups of twos, threes, fours and fives in project-based instruction to mirror the workplace where people solve problems working in teams.

Comment on Alexander Nieves's post

Hello, Alex:

You are so right about each group of students being unique. I have had the experience of teaching multiple sections of the same course where a specific plan went perfectly well in the first group and flopped perfectly in the second.

Develop an effective lesson plan, and plan and rehearse the presentation. 

Use various delivery methods to include the differen tlearning styles.

Preparation for class is important. Also, seek to vary how to teach your students to cover the various learning styles. 

It is important to use as many teaching styles as possible when presenting a topic. 

Practice demonstrations prior to presenting them. 

The importance of lesson plans and know your material prior to teaching the lesson to the students. 

I learned that budgeting my time and breaking down lectures to 10-15 increments with lecture then case study or discussion would work best.  I should come emotionally prepared and not to cold start my lecture.  I will be in control of my class, not letting it get away from me.  

I would like to work on having notes with timing to stay on task/time.  I would like to use videos to break up lecture and provide audio and visual learning.  

Sign In to comment