Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

The attention span of adults is around 15 to 17 minutes. I plan to apply different learning styles such as- written word, auditory, visualization, & tactile.

A combination lecture may be the best way to keep students engaged.

Test demonstrations before doing them with the class. Develop lesson plans with different teaching methods

Course content is the basis for all learning and lesson planning.

it is important to work around these facts: 

The attention span of most individuals is in the 15-18 minute range.
We generally only remember about 25% of what we hear.
We normally only retain 40% of what we read.
We can listen 4 times faster than we can speak.

When material is lengthy in lecture, break up into 15 minute blocks with activities. Though I may need to develop additional activities, it seems as it is necessary to achieve higher learning for the students.

I will have to work on grouping my lecture into segments of 15-20 minutes.  It is a good idea to insert discussions or an activity in between topics to give students a bit of a 'brain break' and to also implement varied teaching styles.

I do not have to develop course content; however, I do have to develop the lecture based on the set objectives.

I took away the importance of developing good lessons plans and using a variety of teaching styles will set up yourself for success and engage your students more effectively.

Have a developed and well planned lesson plan

It was a very interested subject especially  to  my field of study taught me how to keep the students paying attention and be very interested of what you are telling them by impeding the lecture with what stories you have experienced in your life career .   

Using a number of teaching styles and learning styles really offer students more engagement opportunities to take away the knowledge you're presenting.

Most important concept I grasped from this module is to try various combination of teaching styles in the classroom. Using various teaching styles allows a more effective learning environment, and breaks the monotony of traditional lecturing

Make sure there are different examples of each learning style in your teaching. Since students learn differently, multiple ways are needed. 

Learned that variation in delivery of course content helps to stiumlate learning and keep students interested.

Take time to prepare for lesson plans and use different teaching styles to reach as many students as possible. Take notes on how effective your teaching is and build on what you can do better. You should keep lectures to a minimum of 10 - 15 minutes to keep the attention of the students. 

Using a lesson plan helps achieve the desired information getting to the students both in class and labs.

Take into account the different learning methods for your students and use different delivery methods to bolster understanding of course content. 

It is important to implements many teaching styles so students do not get bored. Also not every student likes the same methods and some students may benefit from different learning styles. 

Hello,

Syllabus and lesson plans should be accurate and well written so the students can understanding. There are different learning styles, you have to know your students to ensure they are understanding the materials and ensure they are engaging, asking questions.

Sign In to comment