Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Make a checklist of what you need to accomplish that day so nothing is forgotten, ensure all lab supplies are accounted for before class starts, and arrive to class before the students ready to greet them rather than rushing around setting up.

Setting the tone for the beginning of the class that follows through with the same momentum through out the class shows consistency for the students and lets them know what to expect for future classes.

I've learned that planning ahead will make things easier and less stressful when it comes to covering everything you need to cover within a timely manner.

Preparation is KEY!  Teaching environment sets the tone for learners. Setting goals and writing instructional objectives makes it clear to both students and teachers to stay on task.

It is important for me as the instructor to be prepared.  Making a list a the beginning of each class will help me stay focus and complete all the objectives on a specific topic.

Setting up and preparing for your students before hand helps save time create a guide of whats to come. Always keep a note pad handy for anything that may come up, and make sure you have all that you need prior to teaching your class.

I think my biggest takeaway from this module was to show up early enough to be able to interact with my students, touch base with them, make sure they get it, make sure I know a little about how they are doing mentally... 

Being prepared is key to making or breaking a class. Better to be early than late and make sure you are ready.

What I have learned is that careful planning is essential!

It is important to set clear rules and expectations for students on how the course will be conducted. If I create a syllabus that supports my course objectives and expectations, then students will understand what will be expected throughout the course. I will be able to reinforce the expectations throughout the course, but the expectations will be generally understood from the beginning.

Preparation is key to a successful class. 

Being prepared for class, having supplies ready to go, plus a clear and descriptive syllabus is critical to student success as well as instructor success. 

Comment on Cecy Aguilar's post: I agree. Students need to feel like they belong and are a critical part of the course. Setting the stage early with guidelines (objectives) and a tone of acceptance in the classroom can ensure engagement later in the course.

It is important to be prepared and guidelines for your classroom.

This module was extremely helpful on how to be effective in teaching a course. Make sure you know how to create course outlines, learning objectives, goals & objectives, teaching strategies, and learning/institutional outcomes. 

My takeaways are:

• Goals should be clear and direct; like a road map. 
  • The importance of a good syllabus
  • Checklists are very helpful for focusing.

Come in early, interact with the students, learn their names and their career goals. 

I have learned the importance of ensuring early preparation and the importance of a clear and concise syllabus to set the climate for the class.

Planning ahead and being prepared may ease nerves when beginning with a new class

Provide a detailed, organized and easy to understand syllabus. Set expectations early and be prepared prior to class. 

Sign In to comment