Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

hold students accountable

Planning and preparation are critical to the success of the class, both for the instructor and the students.  The more time dedicated to preparation and planning will definately pay off in the end product.

Early planning before meeting students decreases anxiety and creates a learnable environment. 

Use of road map/syllabus and checklist of necessary subjects will help keep instructors on track for successful teachings.

I learned that being able to teach effectively is being prepared with all the necessary components to engage students.

It is important to make the expectations clear. Keeping a note pad and checklist are great ideas.

Planning and preparation is very important for classroom management and instruction. In this way, students feel 

comfortable with learning and are abreat of what the course materials consist of for the course. 

Hold people accountable and make sure you are setting the example.

Being prepared is another way that we should lead by example.

Being organized in the classroom and staying on track using a checklist. 

Teaching and educating should by synonymous - however when give out tasks with conditions and standards - are we really educating or teaching?

Creating a checklist for the first day of class will keep me focused and assist me in ensuring I covered critical information   

We can never overplan for a course. It's important to not only provide what we must, but consider extra items which may help the students understand the course completely.

The syllabus is a road map and it is important to complete a checklist so you can make sure you have covered all the pertinent items for that class day. 

I think this lesson covered standard terms and showed some good videos on how to keep organized in your classrooms

It is important to spend ample time planning for your class, reading the material and arriving to class early so the learning environment will be more relaxed for the students as they enter the classroom.

Come to class early for preparation. Explain my objectives and goals

Barbara McDuffie

I agree handsdown, that preparation is the key that with day of class. It sets the rhythm of the mode.

The main thing I learned was that planning your class and making a good sylabus is of upmost importance.

Also, that students are ussualy nervous when they start a new course, therfore, you must put yourself in their shoes in order to make things a little easier for them.

Audience, Behavior, Condition, and Degree. Coming to class early allows the instructor time to set up for lecture and the instructor has a chance to get a feel for how receptive the students will be.

Sign In to comment